Prospective candidates wishing to register for the 2022 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) External are hereby notified that registration has begun. Registration is available both offline and online.
Prospective candidates should go to the Council's website neco.gov.ng SSCE External link to find the closest registration point (Cybercafe) and register at any time during the registration period. Candidates can also create an account, buy a registration token, and then register at the registration point.
- Registration requires a passport-sized photograph. The candidate's passport-sized photograph should be no older than SIX MONTHS old and have a white background. The system camera can also be used to take a passport-sized photograph at the time of registration.
- EACH CANDIDATE'S BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING OFFLINE REGISTRATION.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE EXAMINATION.
- CANDIDATES WITH MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE TIME OF VERIFICATION ARE DEEMED IMPERSONATORS AND WILL BE SANCTIONED IN ACCORDANCE WITH EXTANT LAWS.
REGISTRATION FEE: Seventeen Thousand Eight Hundred Naira (N17,800.00) only plus N50.00 for stamp duty
MODE OF PAYMENT: Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) are to Visit www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECO TSA through five payment options.
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT SCRATCH CARDS ARE NO LONGER USED FOR ALL NECO TRANSACTIONS
- The examination timetable, as well as
- At least one (1) clear copy of the NECO Photo card, which will be used to admit the candidate to the Examination Hall. (Candidates should be aware that non-clear passport-size photographs on photo cards will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall.)
CANDIDATES WITH VISUAL IMPAIRMENT:
AVAILABLE SUBJECTS FOR THE EXAMINATION:
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Language
- Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK)
- Civic Education
- Further Mathematics
- Health Education
- Islamic Studies
- Literature in English
- Physical Education
- Store keeping
- Technical Drawing
- Once paid, the registration fee is non-refundable.
- The use of reputable cybercafes is strongly advised, as the Council will not be held liable for any registration errors made by candidates. Candidates should double-check all entries made on their behalf by cybercafes in the offline application before allowing the data to be uploaded online. Once the candidate's data is uploaded online, there is only one chance for a correction.
- Candidates and operators of cybercafes should carefully follow the SSCE External link on www.neco.gov.ng.
- Candidates should read the Rules and Regulations as well as the Syllabus before beginning the registration process for instructions on the registration procedure.
- Candidates should be aware that the photograph they upload during the registration process will be embossed on their certificate
- Candidates should check the viability of their examination centres online at least one day before the exam date.
- Smoking In the Examination Hall, GSM phones and other electronic communication devices are not permitted.
- Candidates should dress in mufti, and no one with arms will be allowed into the examination hall.
- It is not permitted to register more than once. Candidates who register multiple times will have their results cancelled.
- Please keep in mind that no candidate will be permitted to enter the Examination Hall after the start of the examination.
- Face masks are required in the exam hall.
- Social and physical distance will be strictly enforced/observed in the examination hall or classroom.
- Each candidate should bring his or her own hand sanitizer to the examination hall or classroom.
- A candidate who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms during the examination will not be allowed to continue until he or she is certified to be medically fit.