1. Democracy means a system of government in which ____.
A. the majority rules
B. the minority rules
C. the people rule
D. None of the above
2. A constitution is federal if ____.
A. it provides for a presidential system
B. it is not unitary
C. the central and component units or authorities are co-ordinate and equal
D. there is a division or powers between a central and a number of other components
3. The Executive is ____.
A. a body that makes the laws
B. the body that executes the policies of government
C. the highest organ or government
D. None of the above
4. The judiciary is ____.
A. an arm of the Executive
B. body of lawyers -
C. the body which interprets the law
D. the body which enforces the law
5. The separation of powers means the same as ____.
A. a presidential system.of government
B. checks and balance
C. the rule of law
D. None of the above
6. Rights are ____.
A. claims which the law allows
B. claims against the state
C. claims against other individuals
D. what are written in the constitution
7. Pressure groups are ____.
A. organizations which want to overthrow the government
B. organizations which seek to influence the policies of the government
C. associations of people who share the sane ideology
D. religious orders
8. A cabinet system of government is practised in ____.
A. the USSR
B. the USA
C. the people's Republic of China
D. the United Kingdom
9. The citizen's obligations are ____.
A. what the government orders
B. duties the individual imposes on himself
C. what the law requires of the individuals
D. what political parties demand of their members
10. An electoral system is the system which governs
A. how people vote
B. the conduct of elections
C. the appointment of cabinet ministers
D. the appointment of judges
11. Nigeria became a member of the United Nations Organization on ____.
A. 7th October 1960
B. 7th October I 961
C. 1st October 1960
D. 1st October 1961
12. Which of the following, is responsible for maintaining and securing Nigeria's borders from violation on land, sea and air
A. The Nigerian Police Force
B. Nigerian Custom
C. The Nigerian Armed Forces
D. The Federal Road Safety
13. is the Central Bank. Governor of Nigeria.
A. Charles Soludo
B. Adamu Ciroma
C. Alhaji Mai Barrio
D. Sanusi Lamido Sarusi
14. The Senate President of Nigeria is _____.
A. Senator Victor Ndama
B. Senator David Mark
C. Senator Abu Ibrahim
D. Senator Abdul Ningi
15. Nigeria's federalism is a _____.
A. Two-tier system
B. Four-tier system
C. One-tier system
D. Three-tier system
16. The local government administration in Nigeria is not associated with_____________
A. shortage of trained personnel
B. shortage of funds
C. the role played by commissioners
D. bribery and corruption
17. Problems arising from population census are caused by:
A. unreliable and unacceptable census figures
B. campaigns and sensitization of the citizenry
C. reliable and accepted census figures
D. public opinions by the people
18. While the public corporation has full autonomy given to it by law, a parastatal is
A. responsible to the parent ministry
B. responsible to the public corporations
C. responsible to itself
D. responsible to the government
19. The duration of Nigerian's National Assembly is:
A. 3 years
B. 6 years
C. 4 years
D. 5 years
20. The Supreme Court gives ______________ interpretation of the constitution
11. In the pre-colonial Hausa society the Waziri is:
A. The Prime Minister
B. Chief Imam
C. Chief Warrior
D. Chief Judge
22. The theory of Separation of Powers was pro-founded by:
A. Baron de Mont esquire
B. AV Dicey
C. Professor Woodrow Wilson
D. Chief Obafemi Awolowo
23. Who among the following was a communist theorist?
A. Thomas Jefferson
B. John Locke
C. Abraham Lincoln
D. Karl Marx
24. The Nigerian Armed forces is recognized globally for
A. lighting other countries armies
B. disaster relief management
C. overthrowing the government
D. international peace support operations
25. In democratic Nigeria, the third most powerful office is that of the
B. Chief of Defence Staff
C. Vice President
D. Senate President
26. At the end of the Nigerian Civil War, the Federal Government declared the policy of
A. rehabilitation, reconciliation and reconstruction
B. reintegration, forgiveness and development
C. resettlement. redundancy and retirement
D. ceasefire, revenge and retaliation
27. Which of the options below is not an attribute of a state?
28. Which one of the following is correct of a parliamentary system of government?
A. The cabinet is usually appointed from the political party which has the majority in the legislative and is responsible to that majority
B. Every member of parliament is eligible
C. The different political parties present candidates
D. The cabinet is appointed by an electoral college
29. In the bipolar (cold war) system, which two countries shaped world politics?
A. Germany and France
B. China and Russia
C. Britain and America
D. America and Russia
30. In which country was the Taliban government overthrown?
31. According to organization theories, Rank suggests___.
D. All of the above
32. The first woman commissioner in Nigeria is _____.
A. Mrs Florence Nwarikpa
B. Mrs Fumilayo Kuti
C. Mrs Alele Williams
D. Mrs Dorothy Miller
33. Run-off election is conducted when:
A. No candidate pools a clear required majority
B. One of two candidates dies
C. When there is a sudden vacancy
D. All of the above
34. Structural Adjustment Programme was introduced in Nigeria in
35. _____ is the symbol of authority in Nigeria's Senate.
B. The Senate President
C. Chief Whip
D. Majority leader
36. The Niger Constabulary was established in 1886 by _____.
A. United African Company
B. National African Company
C. Amalgamated African Company
D. Niger Coast Protectorate
37. The two dominant colonial powers in West Africa were _____.
A. German and Austria
B. Holland and Britain
C. Britain and France
D. France and Russia
38. Idris Aloonia established diplomatic relations with _____.
A. Songhai Empire
39. In Igbo land, the people of Akwa were renowned
A. slave hunters
40. The first country to become independent in British West Africa was ___.
C. Sierra Leone
Share This Post: If you believe this post will be useful to others, please share it using the buttons below!