UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission Form: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) Postgraduate Programmes (PGDE, MSc, and PhD) for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Table of Contents
Candidates Eligible for UNIUYO postgraduate Programmes
- Applicants should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other university recognised by the Senate of the University of Uyo, or holders of qualifications adjudged by the Senate of the University of Uyo to be equivalent to a first degree, or holders of a recognised Higher National Diploma.
- To be eligible for admission to a master's degree programme, applicants must have a Second Class Honours degree in the Lower Division with a:
- CGPA of not less than 2.75 on a five-point scale, or
- CGPA of not less than 2.2 on a four-point scale
- Virology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology (PGDM)
- MBBCh/MBBS or its equivalent.
Check Out: University of Uyo Postgraduate Courses
UNIUYO PG Diploma Admission Requirements
1. All applicants must have an Ordinary Level credit pass in five relevant subjects, including English Language, obtained in no more than two sittings. Candidates who received their O' Level examination results prior to 2016 must have their certificates, not statements of results or result slips.
2. Applicants for the LLM and PhD in Law must have English Literature as one of the five relevant Ordinary level subjects.
3. Chemistry must be one of the five relevant Ordinary level subjects for applicants to the Faculty of Agriculture.4. All applicants will be subjected to
- a screening test covering the subject area of specialisation (but see CBT Section below for exemption).
- an oral interview focused on the candidate's previously submitted written research proposal (but see CBT Section 6 for exemption).
5. All applicants must provide NYSC Completion Certificates (Discharge Certificates), Exemption Certificates, or Exclusion Certificates. One of these certificates must be submitted with the application form or prior to taking the screening test.
6. Applicants who obtained their first degrees through Remedial Programs must demonstrate that they remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally, i.e., through WASCE, NECO, or NABTEB.
7. In addition to other qualifications, applicants must meet the departmental requirements for their respective programmes.
8. Applicants must submit their completed application forms along with three hard copies of their Project Proposal (for PGD applicants), Dissertation Proposal (for master's programme applicants), or Thesis Proposal (for those applying for PhD programmes). The research proposal, which must be documented on the Postgraduate School Proposal Sheet, should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12, and double line spacing, with the following headings and subheadings:
- TITLE (22 words maximum)
- CANDIDATE’S NAME
- ABSTRACT (150 words maximum)
- RELEVANCE OF STUDY
- ETHICAL ISSUES
- EXPECTED RESULTS
- REFERENCES (a minimum of 20 references).
- What is written under Methodology may be more than one page but the text for all other subheadings should be less than 25 lines or not more than one page.
- The objectives of the study should be unbundled into (i) General objectives and (ii) Specific Objectives.
- Under Ethical Issues, give a conspectus explanation of relevant ethical issues that you will consider during the course of conducting your research.
- Under Innovation, explain the new invention, new knowledge, a new approach or new ways of doing things, etc that your research will produce. Results obtained by applying the extant methodology in a new environment may not be regarded as an innovation.
- Use the surname of authors followed by their initials. Arrange entries in your reference list using alphabetical order of the surname of the first author. Do not abbreviate journal names or any other proper name in the reference entries. Use single-line spacing for each entry. Two adjacent entries should be separated by double line space. Use hanging indentation format for each entry. Do not use “et al” in the reference list; list the names of all authors.
- Under Expected Publications, list the complete titles of research articles that you expect to come out of your research when completed. For each title listed, give the name of the journal that such the article will be published or the academic conference it will be presented.
9. Candidates should ensure that their official academic transcript(s) and three letters of reference are forwarded under confidential cover to:
University of Uyo
Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, NIGERIA
10. Admissions will not normally be offered without the transcript(s) and letters of reference.
Duration of UNIUYO postgraduate Programmes
- Master’s degree programme – a minimum period of four semesters or a maximum of six semesters.
- PhD Programme – a minimum of six semesters or a maximum of ten semesters.
- PGD in Education – a minimum of two semesters or a maximum of four semesters.
- PGD in Educational Technology – a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- PGD in Engineering – a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- PGD in all other courses – a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters
- All programmes in the Postgraduate School are Full-time. Part-time programmes are domiciled in the School of Continuing Education.
How to Apply for UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission Exercise
Application forms can be obtained ONLINE for a fee of ₦20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira) only: To pay, generate a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) at https://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals and pay online with an ATM card or at any commercial bank in Nigeria. Return to the portal after payment to complete your registration by clicking the Admission Forms link, then e-Forms, then the Register link, and enter your RRR.
Instructions for Online Registration and Payment
- Visit uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals or uniuyo.edu.ng. (Click on the link for e-portals.)
- Choose the Admission Forms Link.
- Choose e-Form (s) Option
- Select Programme Type (for example, Masters (Full-Time), etc.) as the Admission Form Type.
- Enter your phone number, name, and email address.
- To make a payment, click the PAY NOW button.
- Payments can be made online or at a bank branch using the Remita Platform.
- Return to the online portal after payment and click on the Register Link.
- Take note of your generated login credentials.
- Log in to finish your registration.
CLOSING DATE: Not yet Specified.
All completed Application Forms should be forwarded to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, and the University of Uyo, along with photocopies of relevant credentials, a duplicate copy of the receipt of payment for the Application Form, three copies of the research proposal, and so on.
We hope you found our article helpful; if so, don't hesitate to share it with others using the share buttons below.