WAEC GCE Registration Form (2nd series) | Instructions & Guidelines - The West African Examination Council (WAEC) GCE, an external examination governing body, has initiated the registration process for candidates wishing to participate in the 2023 O'Level examination. This article provides detailed information on the registration requirements and procedures for the upcoming examination.
WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2023-First series would be an urban-based examination. It is intended to help candidates who have deficiencies in their WASSCE results, bridge the gap. Nineteen (19) subjects would be available for the examination. Prospective candidates are advised to visit the Council's Corporate website - www.waecnigeria.org to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
List of Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE Second Series
|S/N||Subject Name||Subject Code|
|3||CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES||202|
|8||LITERATURE IN ENGLISH||210|
Registration Procedure and Requirements
To register for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, 2023 – Second Series, follow the steps outlined below:
Visit the WAEC Official Website: Candidates should visit the official website of the WAEC Council, accessible at www.waecnigeria.org, to obtain comprehensive information about the available examination towns and subjects before proceeding with the registration process.
Obtain the Registration PIN: After confirming the examination details, candidates can obtain the Registration PIN required for registration. This PIN is available for purchase at branches of any of the following banks or their accredited agents: Access Bank Plc, First Bank of Nig. Ltd, Sterling Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc, Diamond Bank Plc, First City Monument Bank Plc, Skye Bank Plc, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, Ecobank Ltd, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, Heritage Bank Plc, Standard Chartered Bank Plc, Unity Bank Plc, and WEMA Bank Plc. A registration fee of Eighteen thousand Naira Only (N18,000) is applicable, and an additional commission of Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) will be paid to the banks or accredited agents.
Log in for Registration: Once the Registration PIN is obtained, candidates should log in to the official WAEC website, www.waecnigeria.org, to proceed with the registration process. The online registration system is designed to include biometric features for validation purposes at examination centers.
Important Registration Details
Registration Period: The WAEC GCE normal registration period is from Monday, July 10th, 2023, to Friday, August 11th, 2023.
Late Registration (Walk-in Candidates): Candidates who miss the registration deadline may still be accommodated as "Walk-in Candidates" provided they register at least twenty-four hours before the scheduled time of their respective papers. The fee for Walk-in Candidates is Thirty Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only.
Candidates with Special Needs: Candidates with special needs, such as visual impairments or speech disabilities, must register online like other candidates. However, it is crucial for them to clearly state their specific disabilities during the registration process.
Completion of Registration: All candidates must conclude their registration within two weeks of their initial access to the website during the registration period. It is essential to ensure that personal information, including names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth, and chosen subjects, is accurately provided. Upon successful registration, candidates must print the Admission Notice/Photo Card, which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be included on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanners should be used for fingerprint registration.
General Information and Guidelines
Candidates should be aware of the following general information and guidelines related to the WAEC GCE registration and examination:
- Information VCD: Candidates are advised to view the Information VCD before initiating the registration process.
- Non-Refundable Fee: The registration fee paid by candidates is non-refundable.
- Examination Timetable: After completing the registration process, candidates should print the examination timetable for reference.
- Passport Photographs: Candidates must upload high-quality passport-size photographs during the registration process. Photographs obtained through the "wait and get" method are not acceptable. The background of the photographs must not be blue or red, and the size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Regulations and Syllabuses: Candidates are advised to study the examination regulations, syllabuses, and timetable, which can be downloaded from the WAEC website (waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN.
- Dress Code: Candidates must enter the examination halls in mufti attire and without carrying any arms. Professional uniforms of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- Multiple Centers: Candidates who sit the examination in more than one center will have their entire results canceled.
- Prohibited Items: Smoking, mobile phones, and other electronic gadgets are strictly prohibited inside the examination halls. Candidates found with such items will have their entire results canceled.
- Correcting Entries: Candidates are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of their entries during registration. The Council will not entertain requests for corrections once the examination commences.
- Original Photo Cards: Candidates must bring their original Photo Cards to the examination hall as a form of identification.
- Examination Malpractice: Candidates found engaged in any form of examination malpractice will not only have their results canceled but may also face legal prosecution.
- Contact Information: Candidates must provide valid email addresses and telephone numbers during the registration process.
- COVID-19 Regulations: All candidates must adhere to the COVID-19 regulations and guidelines while participating in the examination.
Ensure a successful registration process by following the outlined procedures and guidelines provided by the West African Examination Council. Good luck with your upcoming WAEC GCE examination!