2023 WAEC GCE Registration Form | Instructions & Guidelines - The West African Examination Council (WAEC) began conducting two series of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates in 2018. The first series of 2023 will be conducted in February 2023.
WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2023-First series would be an urban-based examination. It is intended to help candidates who have deficiencies in their WASSCE results, bridge the gap. Nineteen (19) subjects would be available for the examination. Prospective candidates are advised to visit the Council's Corporate website - www.waecnigeria.org to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
List of Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE First Series
|S/N||Subject Name||Subject Code|
|3||CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES||202|
|8||LITERATURE IN ENGLISH||210|
REGISTRATION FOR THE EXAMINATION:
Registration for WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2023-First Series will be online. After the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to www.waeconline.org.ng for registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
The normal registration period is from Monday December 19th, 2022 to Friday, January 20, 2023.
MODE OF PAYMENT:
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (₦18,000) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Jaiz Bank
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
In addition, Candidates will be requested to pay Five Hundred Naira (₦500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as "Walk-in-Candidates" provided they register not less than twenty-four hours before the scheduled time of the paper(s) they intend to write. The "Walk-in-Candidate" fee is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (₦30,500.00) only.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS:
Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their Impairments e.g Visual, Low vision, Spastic, Speech, Hard to hear, etc
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION:
Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the Admission Notice, as Evidence of successful registration, which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Admission Notice. The acceptable fingerprint Scanner is UareU digitalPersona fingerprint device.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination -Candidates should note that the registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should continue to check the website for the examination Timetable.
- Entries must be uploaded with passport photographs captured with a digital camera. The specification of the digital camera should be Microsoft HD 3000. The passport photographs must be of good quality BLACK & WHITE OR COLOUR (JPEG File only, 275 by 314 pixels with 72 dbi resolution) and with a CONTRASTING BACKGROUND. There must be no obstructive items. Please note that the submission of a defaced or poor-quality photograph by a candidate would automatically invalidate the entry of the candidate. For further details, visit www.waecnigeria.org
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses for the examination which they can download from the WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls
- The entire result of candidates who sit for the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled -Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall
- Any Candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or any other electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates' particulars. Request for amendments will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Admission Notice
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted
- Candidates must ensure they provide a valid email and telephone number(s) during registration
- All Candidates MUST be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations
Post a Comment