Edo State University Postgraduate Admission Form - For admission to Postgraduate Programs leading to the awards of Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Master Degree (M.Eng, M.Sc., /MPA, /M.A/ and MBA), Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the various Faculties at Edo State University Uzairue, Edo State, Nigeria for the 2023/2024 Academic Session, applications are being accepted from candidates who meet the necessary qualifications.
How to Apply
Applicants are to complete the online Postgraduate Application Form by visiting Edo State University Uzairue website: www.edouniversity.edu.ng
All applications must be accompanied by a payment of the twenty-five thousand naira ₦25,000 application fee.
Any candidate applying for a postgraduate program must have five (5) credits in English Language and Mathematics at no more than two sittings from SSCE (WAEC/NECO/GCE 'O' Level), NABTEB, or their equivalents. Admission to all Postgraduate programs requires a NYSC certificate or letter of exemption.
Postgraduate Diploma programme (PGD)
- A first degree in a relevant discipline with at least Third Class Honors may be taken into consideration.
- Candidates possessing an HND in the field may be taken into consideration.
- Any relevant professional qualification
Masters degree programme (M.Eng, M.Sc., MA, MPA, MBA)
- A degree from an accredited University with at least Second Class Honors (Lower Division).
- Candidates having a credit-level postgraduate degree in the relevant field
- Any professional certification deemed to be equivalent to the one listed above
Master of Philosophy programme (M.Phil.)
Candidate must hold a Master degree and have a weighted average score of at least 50% (a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.0 on a 5 point scale).
A Master's degree with at least a 60% weighted average (CGPA of at least 4.0 on a 5 point scale).
Candidates may be needed to register for the M.Phil./Ph.D. program if their scores fall below 60% ( 55% or a CGPA of at least 3.5 on a 5 point scale) or if they have problems in some prerequisite courses, particularly from another university. For candidates whose academic record is deemed inadequate for the area of specialty, the Department may recommend suitable courses.
In addition, PhD applicants must include a concept note/research plan of no more than 450 words with their Edo State University Postgraduate Admission Form .
- PGD, MSc/MA. PhD in Accounting, Economic, History and International Studies, and Microbiology
- MSc, PhD Biochemistry and Political Science
- PGD, MPA and PhD in Public Administration
- MBA in Business Administration
- PGD, M.Eng. . M.Phil., and PhD in Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- PGD, MSc,, MPhil, and PhD in Computer Science, Business Administration, Mass Communication and Medical Laboratory Science(Options: Chemical pathology, Haematology and Blood Transfusion Science, Histopathology, Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Immunochemistry)
Postgraduate Diploma Programme
- A minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of four (4) semesters are required.
Masters degree programme
- The duration varies depending on the curriculum and is determined by the University Senate.
- A minimum of four (4) semesters, a maximum of three (3) semesters, and a maximum of six (6) semesters are required.
Master of Philosophy
- A minimum of (2) semesters and a maximum of (4) semesters
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- A minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters.
- Closing date for applications: 12th September, 2023
For further enquiries, please visit our website: www.edouniversity.edu.ng or contact: The Postgraduate School, Edo State University, Uzairue, Edo State, Nigeria. Email: [email protected] , Phone No: 09025412171, 08064888518, and 07033670802
We hope you found our article helpful; if so, don't hesitate to share it with others using the share buttons below.