Igbinedion University Post-UTME/DE Screening Form – Are you an aspiring student of Igbinedion University, Okada (IUO), one of the leading private universities in Nigeria? Do you want to know how to apply for admission into the undergraduate programmes of the university for the 2023/2024 academic session?
Available Courses and Faculties in Igbinedion University
Igbinedion University offers a wide range of courses across seven faculties, namely:
- Arts and Social Sciences (Economics & Development Studies, English, Geography & Regional Planning, Mass Communication, Political Science & Public Administration, International Relations, Sociology & Anthropology, Theatre Arts)
- Sanusi Lamido Sanusi College of Business and Management Studies (Accounting, Banking & Finance, Business Administration)
- Oba Erediauwa College of Law (Bachelor of Law, LL.B)
- General Abdulsalami Abubakar College of Engineering (Civil, Chemical, Computer, Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical, Petroleum Engineering)
- Oba Okunade Sijuwade College of Health Sciences (Medicine & Surgery, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Nursing Science)
- College of Natural and Applied Sciences (Chemistry & Industrial Chemistry, Computer Science & Information Technology, Microbiology)
- Dora Akunyili College of Pharmacy (Pharmacy)
These courses are designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to excel in your chosen field of study. You will also have access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment that will enhance your learning experience. You will also benefit from the guidance and mentorship of highly qualified and experienced lecturers who are experts in their fields.
General and Specific Entry Requirements for UTME and Direct Entry Candidates
To be eligible for admission into the four-year disciplines and five or six-year professional programmes, candidates must possess a minimum of five credits at the GCE/WAEC, SSCE/NECO, or SSCE/NABTEB certificate examinations, which must include English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. In addition, candidates seeking admission into Law must possess at least a credit pass in Literature in English.
Candidates awaiting GCE/NECO SSCE/WAEC SSCE/NABTEB results are also encouraged to apply provided the results would be available by September 2023 when the new session commences.
Candidates may also seek admission into the 200 level of the degree programmes (except Medicine and Pharmacy) with the following qualifications:
- Passes in at least two subjects at the Advanced level and an additional subject at the subsidiary level in the General Certificate of Education Examination. The subjects must constitute a suitable preliminary to the intended courses.
- Diploma/NCE at credit level pass and above in the appropriate subjects from a recognized institution.
- IJMB in the appropriate subjects.
- First Degree in relevant discipline.
In all these cases, candidates must also satisfy the requirements for matriculation viz: five credit passes at the GCE/WAEC SSCE/NECO SSCE/NABTEB Certificate examinations.
Candidates are required to show evidence of application to JAMB.
Application Procedure and Deadline for the Post UTME/Direct Entry Screening Form
Candidates applying for admission are required to sit for UTME and obtain the prescribed cut-off mark. This is a statutory requirement for entry into Nigerian universities.
The Post Utme Form is slated for ₦5,500 (Five Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only). Eligible Candidates who wish to partake in the screening exercise should pay a non-refundable fee of ₦5,500 (Five Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only) into the University Portal.
To apply for the screening form online, follow these steps:
- Visit the official Igbinedion University admission portal at https://iuokada.waeup.org to begin your application process.
- Click on Register for application at the top left of this page to proceed.
- Enter your Surname exactly as written on your JAMB Registration slip and your JAMB Registration Number immediately.
- Your ID and Password will be displayed on your browser. On successful login send your “ID” as a text message from your phone number to 07030000127. The message should be strictly your ID (eg. H1549) without any additional information or comment.
- After sending your ID as text message proceed immediately to pay a non-refundable fee of ₦5,500 (Five Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only) online using an ATM card or bank deposit through the Interswitch payment gateway.
- After payment, return to the admission portal and click on Login to continue your application.
- Fill out the application form and upload your passport photograph and scanned copies of your credentials.
- Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application online. (No correction will be accepted after the closing date).
- Print out an acknowledgement slip that contains the screening date.
The deadline for the submission of applications for the screening exercise is 31st August 2023.
Date and Venue of the Screening Exercise
The screening exercise for candidates will be held on Saturday, 4th September 2023 at the following centres:
- Abuja: Government Secondary School, Garki
- Lagos: Agbayewa Memorial Secondary School, Association Avenue, Ilupeju Estate
- Benin City: Igbinedion Education Centre, M.M Way
- Okada: Igbinedion University Okada
Candidates are expected to arrive at their respective centres by 9:00 am with the following items:
- JAMB result slip
- Acknowledgement slip
- Writing materials
- Two passport photographs
Cut-off Mark and Admission List
The cut-off mark for admission into Igbinedion University for the 2023/2024 academic session is 160. However, some courses may require higher scores depending on the performance of candidates.
The admission list will be released on the university website and notice boards after the screening exercise. Candidates are advised to check their admission status regularly and follow the instructions for acceptance and registration.
Tips and Tricks to Increase Your Chances of Getting Admitted into Igbinedion University
If you want to secure your admission into Igbinedion University, here are some tips and tricks that you should follow:
- Prepare well for the UTME and obtain a high score that meets or exceeds the cut-off mark for your chosen course.
- Apply early for the post-UTME/Direct Entry screening form and complete your application before the deadline.
- Study hard for the screening exercise and revise the relevant subjects for your course.
- Arrive early at your screening centre and bring all the required documents and materials.
- Be confident and calm during the screening exercise and answer all questions correctly and honestly.
- Check your admission status regularly on the university website or notice boards and follow the instructions for acceptance and registration.
I hope this blog post has given you all the information you need to apply for admission into Igbinedion University for the 2023/2024 academic session. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. I wish you all the best in your academic pursuit. Cheers!
If you found this blog post helpful, please share it with your friends and family who might be interested in studying at Igbinedion University. You can also subscribe to my newsletter to get more tips and tricks on how to ace your admission process. As a bonus, you will also get a free ebook on how to write a winning personal statement that will impress any admission officer.