OOU Postgraduate Admission Form - The management of Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) is pleased to announce the commencement of the sale of postgraduate programmes admission forms for the 2022/2023 academic session. This presents an excellent opportunity for qualified candidates to further their education and expand their knowledge in various fields. In this blog post, we will provide detailed information on the requirements and procedures to obtain the OOU postgraduate form.
OOU Extends Postgraduate Application Deadline and Announces New Screening Examination Date
In an important update, Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) has made an announcement regarding the extension of the Postgraduate application form deadline. Prospective postgraduate students and the general public are hereby informed that the sale of Postgraduate application forms will now continue until Sunday, 18th June, 2023.
Due to this extension, the screening examination for Batch C applicants, both Full-Time and Part-Time, has been rescheduled to take place on Tuesday, 20th June, 2023.
It is crucial for all Heads of Departments to take note of this significant information and proceed with the necessary actions accordingly.
Duration of Olabisi Onabanjo University Postgraduate Programmes
For interested applicants, it is important to be aware of the duration of the postgraduate programmes at Olabisi Onabanjo University. The table below outlines the minimum and maximum duration for each type of program:
If you're a mobile user, please scroll to the side to view all the contents in the table below:
|Mode of Study
|Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
|Professional Master Degree Programme
|Academic Master Degree Programmes
OOU Postgraduate Programmes Admission Requirements
a. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Applicants for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme must meet one of the following requirements:
- Hold a minimum of a Third Class degree from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved university.
- Hold a Higher National Diploma at not less than Lower Credit level.
b. Academic Master Degree Programmes
For admission into M.A/M.Sc./M.Ed., and LL.M programmes, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Possess not lower than a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) Degree in relevant disciplines from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved university.
c. Professional Master Degree Programmes
Applicants interested in pursuing Professional Master Degree Programmes should meet the following criteria:
- Possess not lower than a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) Degree in relevant disciplines from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved university, or
- Hold a Higher National Diploma at not less than Lower Credit level, or
- Hold a Third Class University Degree with a Postgraduate Diploma in the relevant field(s) and/or fellowship of the relevant professional body.
d. PhD Programmes
The admission requirements for PhD programmes are as follows:
- Candidates who obtained their Master's degree in relevant disciplines from Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Points are eligible to register for PhD programmes directly.
- Candidates from Olabisi Onabanjo University with Cumulative Grade Points of 3.00 to 3.49 will only be admitted for M.Phil/Ph.D. and not PhD directly. Their eligibility for PhD will be determined based on their performance after two (2) Semesters of coursework.
- Candidates who obtained their Master's degree in relevant disciplines from other institutions apart from Olabisi Onabanjo University, with a minimum of 3.00 Cumulative Grade Points on a 5-point scale or Weighted Average of 50%, will only be admitted for M.Phil/Ph.D. Their eligibility for PhD will be determined based on their performance after two (2) Semesters of coursework.
e. Additional Admission Requirements for Specific Programmes
Candidates applying for the following programmes are to note their specific admission requirements:
M.Sc. Mass Communication:
- O' Level Credit pass in English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for all Mass Communication Programme applicants.
Postgraduate Diploma in Law:
- Candidates must have not less than a Third Class Bachelor's Degree in Law from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved university.
- Candidates must possess at least five credit passes at O' Level, including English Language and English Literature.
Master of Law (LL.M.):
- Holders of a Bachelor of Law (LL.B) Degree from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of Second Class Lower.
- Holders of a Bachelor of Law (LL.B) Degree from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University who do not meet the above requirement but hold the Postgraduate Diploma in Law Degree.
Postgraduate Diploma in Anaesthesia:
- Holders of a good First Degree in Medicine and Surgery from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University approved by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
Master of Public Health (MPH):
- Graduates of Olabisi Onabanjo University with a degree of M.B.Ch.B or equivalent Medical and Dental Degrees such as MBS/BDS from other recognized Universities.
- Candidates must possess at least five years of qualification experience (including Internship, NYSC Services, plus three years of working experience in areas relevant to Public Health).
M.Sc. Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology:
- Holders of a good First Degree in Pharmacy (classified) from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University approved by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
- Holders of classified Pharmacy degrees not below Second Class Honours (Lower Division) or CGPA of not less than 3.0 may be admitted.
- Candidates must have scored acceptable grades (not less than C) in Pharmaceutics courses in their final year undergraduate examinations.
General Admission Requirements and Application Process
In addition to the specific admission requirements for each programme, all applicants are to note the following:
- All programmes at Olabisi Onabanjo University require five (5) O' Level Credit passes in relevant subjects, not obtained in more than two sittings.
- Candidates are expected to meet the basic O' Level requirements for their intended programmes.
- For admission into any of the programmes, possession of the National Youth Service Corps (N.Y.S.C.) Discharge/Exemption/Exclusion Certificate issued by the Directorate is compulsory.
- All applicants must request their alma mater to forward the Academic Transcripts of their Higher National Diploma/First Degree/Postgraduate Diploma/Master Degree to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, not later than the application deadline.
- PhD candidates are required to contact the relevant departments to inquire about the availability of supervisors and vacancies before applying.
How to Apply for OOU Postgraduate Admission
To apply for OOU postgraduate admission, follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the OOU Postgraduate School application portal at https://pgs.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng/portal/application/apply.php.
- Complete the online application form by providing the required information.
- Make a payment of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000.00) for the application form via the provided web payment link.
- Submit the completed application form online.
- For further details and inquiries, contact the following numbers via text messages or WhatsApp only: +2348037211331, +2348096772583.
CLOSING DATE: All application forms must be completed and submitted online no later than June 18, 2023.
Don't miss this opportunity to advance your education and career at Olabisi Onabanjo University. Apply now and take a step closer to achieving your academic goals!
We hope you found our article helpful; if so, don't hesitate to share it with others using the share buttons below.