FUNAI Postgraduate Admission Form: Are you seeking to advance your education to a higher level? The Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for postgraduate programs leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, and Doctorate Degrees for the 2023/2024 academic session. In this guide, we'll provide you with all the necessary information to embark on your postgraduate journey.
General Entry Requirements
Candidates seeking admission into the postgraduate programs at Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, must meet the following entry requirements:
- Obtain at least five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in WASC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB, including English Language. For admission into the Faculties of Science, Basic Medical Sciences, and Management and Social Sciences, a credit pass in Mathematics is also required.
- Possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the specific postgraduate programs in their respective departments.
- Graduates of Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, or other universities recognized by the university senate, who meet the qualifications mentioned above, are eligible to apply.
Specific Entry Requirements
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programs
- Graduates of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, or other universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained a Bachelor's Degree with at least a Third-Class Honors.
- Holders of HND at Upper or Lower Credit level passes or its equivalent areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones mentioned above, which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and the Senate of the University, may also be considered for admission.
Master's Degree Programs
- Graduates of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, or other universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained a Bachelor's Degree in relevant disciplines with at least a Second-Class Lower Division.
- Candidates with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, or other universities recognized by the University Senate, with at least 5 O'level credit passes, and a minimum CGPA of 2.5 on a 5-point scale or 3.0 on a 4-point scale. Candidates whose First Degrees are unclassified but have at least a 60% average score (B level) are also eligible.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Programs
- Candidates from Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, or other universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained a Master's Degree appropriate for the proposed field(s) of study are eligible for Doctorate Degree admission.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 4.0 CGPA on a 5-point scale or 3.5 on a 4-point scale in their Master's Degrees. Candidates who possess at least a B level (60%) average score at the Master's Degree, provided that research work formed part of the Master's Degree Program, shall also qualify for Doctorate Degree admission.
- O'level passes in English and Mathematics are required for all programs.
- Accountancy and Business Administration Departments also require an O'level credit pass in Economics.
- All Science Programs additionally require O'level credit passes in Physics, Chemistry, and/or Biology/Agriculture, depending on your area.
Duration of Programs
- Full-Time: Two Semesters (Minimum)
- Full-Time: Three Semesters (Minimum) and six semesters (maximum)
- Part-time: Four Semesters (Minimum) and eight semesters (maximum)
Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
- Full-Time: Six Semesters (Minimum) and ten Semesters (maximum)
- Part-time: Eight semesters (Minimum) and twelve semesters (maximum)
Successful candidates are expected to register for their postgraduate courses immediately after being offered admission at the beginning of the session.
How to Apply for FUNAI Postgraduate Admission Form
To apply, make a non-refundable Application Form fee payment of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000.00) Only, payable to "Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State" at any Commercial Bank within the Country using the Remita platform. Candidates can then download and complete the online Application Form by visiting http://funai.edu.ng.
Submission of Referee Reports
Candidates should download the online Referee Report forms and submit them to their Referees (three Referees), one of whom should be their former Lecturer. The Referee Report forms, after being filled-in by the Referees, should be received back in sealed envelopes, addressed to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, by the candidates. These should be enclosed alongside other documents in the application package. Note that applications will not be considered complete and will not be processed unless the Referee Reports are available.
Forwarding of Academic Transcripts
Candidates should download academic transcript request slips provided online and submit them to their Universities/Institutions, requesting them to forward a copy of their last academic transcripts to "The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State," attaching the transcript request slip. This must reach the School within two weeks from the deadline for the sale of Application forms. Applications with transcripts not received after the stipulated time by the School will not have their application forms processed.
Submission of Application Forms
Completed Application forms with the relevant documents should be posted or delivered in an envelope marked "PG Admission" to the address below:
The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, PMB 1010, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
The sale of online Application Forms will close six weeks from the date of this advertisement, from 23rd October 2023 to 23rd December 2023.
After completing your online admission subscription, print the hard copy and forward it to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, AE-FUNAI, along with other relevant documents. All applicants will undergo a paper and pen postgraduate admission screening test. Those seeking admission for a Ph.D. will also submit a proposal of their preferred area of specialization with their application forms and be invited for an oral examination, with the date communicated to all applicants via SMS.
For inquiries, you can reach us at the following numbers:
- 0803 664 3162
- 0813 028 6142
- 0703 362 4849
Embark on your postgraduate journey with Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State. Ensure you meet the entry requirements and follow the application procedures for a successful admission. Your advanced education awaits!