FUTA Postgraduate Admission Form: Are you considering pursuing postgraduate studies to further your education? The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), welcomes applications for its diverse postgraduate programs, including Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, and Ph.D. programs for the upcoming academic session. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the admission requirements, program durations, application process, and other essential details to set you on your path to advanced education.
Table of Contents
Before going into the specific requirements for each program, it's essential to note that all candidates must have a minimum of five 'O' level credits in relevant disciplines, including credits in both English Language and Mathematics.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Requirements
- A recognized first degree in the relevant discipline.
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a Lower Credit grade or its equivalent in relevant or related disciplines.
- Specific professional qualifications accepted by the University, such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, particularly for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science.
Masters Programs Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree with at least a Second Class Lower Division from FUTA or a recognized institution in the appropriate discipline.
- A Bachelor's degree from another recognized university in a suitable discipline.
- An HND with a Lower Credit grade, complemented by a Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the relevant discipline.
Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) Requirements
For the M. Phil. in the advertised discipline, a commendable M. Tech. degree or its equivalent in the relevant discipline is required.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Requirements
- A Master's degree in the appropriate discipline with a CGPA of 3.50 and/or a minimum average score of 60%.
- Any other qualification that the Senate approves.
Programme Duration at FUTA
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Full-Time: Between 18 and 24 months.
- Part-Time: Between 18 and 36 months.
- M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech./Professional: Between 18 and 24 months.
Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) Programme
- Duration is between 18 and 24 months, with a provision for transfer to the Ph.D program after meeting approved requirements.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programme
- Full-Time candidates: Between 36 and 60 months.
- Part-Time candidates: Between 48 and 72 months.
Notably, O'Level results are no longer a requirement for postgraduate admissions at FUTA.
How to Apply for FUTA Postgraduate Admission Form
Prospective students can initiate the application process by visiting the official portal:
- Applications are processed online at the University's official website. Payment should be made using the REMITA method to the School of Postgraduate Studies account.
- Application forms for postgraduate programs are priced at N20,000.00 for all programs, be it Ph.D, Masters, or PGD.
- Ph.D candidates are expected to send their Research Proposal to [email protected] using a specific format.
- Non-FUTA graduates should ensure their academic transcripts are sent from their previous institutions to the address provided. Be sure to include the Transcript Label attached to the Application Form.
Please take note of the following:
- Academic transcripts without the Transcript Label will not be processed.
- Both the application form and acceptance fees are non-refundable.
For further clarity and accuracy, always refer to FUTA's official platforms or the provided contact details. This will ensure you receive precise and timely information directly from the source. Best of luck with your application!