LASU Post UTME Form 2023/2024: Are you a prospective student seeking admission into Lagos State University for the 2023/2024 academic session? The Lagos State University is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for its Admission Screening Exercise. Whether you're applying via UTME (100 level) or Direct Entry, this ONLINE screening exercise is mandatory for all candidates aspiring to join Lagos State University.
Eligibility for Screening
To participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
i. UTME Candidates:
- Choose Lagos State University as your First Choice of institution in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Score a minimum of 195 marks in the UTME.
- Be at least 16 years of age by 1st October 2023.
ii. Pre-Degree Studies (PDS) Students:
- Successfully complete your Pre-Degree Studies at LASU.
- Choose Lagos State University as your First Choice of institution in the 2023 UTME.
- Score a minimum of 195 marks in the UTME.
iii. Direct Entry Candidates:
- Obtain the Direct Entry Form from Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Choose Lagos State University as your First Choice of Institution.
- LASU Foundation (JUPEB) candidates are also eligible.
iv. Candidates of Lagos State Origin:
- Candidates claiming Lagos State Origin for 100 & 200 levels must validate their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by Lagos State University.
List of Accredited Courses
Regular Students without Entrepreneurship Training
The following list shows the accredited courses available for the 2023/2024 academic session at Lagos State University:
Faculty of Arts
- Christian Religious Studies
- History & International Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Peace Studies
- Portuguese / English
- Theatre Arts
Faculty of Communication & Media Studies
- Mass Communication
Faculty of Education
- Arabic Education
- Biology Education
- Business Education
- Chemistry Education
- Christian Religious Studies Education
- Computer Science Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Economics Education
- Educational Management
- English Education
- French Education
- Geography Education
- Guidance & Counselling
- Health Education
- History Education
- Islamic Studies Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physical & Health Education
- Physics Education
- Political Science Education
- Special Education
- Technology & Vocational Education
- Yoruba Education
Faculty of Engineering
- Aeronautic & Astronautic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Estate Management
- Environmental Management
- Fine Arts
- Industrial Design
- Survey and Geo-Informatics
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
Faculty of Law
- Common/Civil Law
- Common/Islamic Law
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Banking & Finance
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
- Local Government Development & Administration
- Management Technology
- Public Administration
Faculty of Science
- Computer Science
- Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
- Science Laboratory Technology
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Geography & Planning
- Political Science
College of Medicine
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine & Surgery
- Radiography & Radiation Science
School of Agriculture
School of Library, Archival and Information Science
- Library & Information Science
School of Transport and Logistics
- Transport Management & Operations
Regular Students with Entrepreneurship Training
Candidates can apply for any of the courses listed in the previous section (Regular Students without Entrepreneurship Training), except for all courses in the College of Medicine.
All Direct Entry Candidates are required to submit a copy each of the online Admission Screening Report and the notification of Diploma (LASU Diploma)/NCE Result at the Admission Annex/Liaison Office.
Entrepreneurial Certificate Courses Offered
In addition to the B.Eng/B.LIS/B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Sc (Ed)/B.A. (Ed) Courses offered, Certificates will be awarded in the following Entrepreneurial Courses in the Regular Students with Entrepreneurship Programme:
- Animal Husbandry (Snail Rearing)
- Water Treatment and Packaging
- Crop Production and Processing
- Fish Farming
- Draughtmanship and Building Drawing
- Tailoring and Fashion Design
- Digital Marketing
- Cake Making
- Finger Foods/Small Chops & Cocktail
- Paint Making
- Leather Making and Shoe Making
- Writing and Publishing
- Courier and Logistics Management
- Domestic and Industrial Electrical Wiring
- Furniture and Carpentry
- Printing Services
- Pet Business
- Generator Repairs
- Website Design
- Bead Making
- Event Planning
- Welding, Metal Works & Fabrication
- Make-up and Cosmetics
- Hair Dressing/Hair Making and Barbing Salon
- Interior Design & Decoration
- Motor Vehicle Repairs
- Soap, Detergent & Toiletries Production
- Organic Soap Production
- CCTV and Inverter Installation
- Mobile Application Development
- Hotel Management
- Solar Energy System Installation
- Yoghurt Production
Method of Application
To apply for the Admission Screening Exercise, follow these steps:
A. 2023/2024 LASU POST UTME ONLINE PAYMENT REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Visit the LASU website at www.lasu.edu.ng
- Point to "Student," then click on "New Applicants."
- Click on "UTME/DE Screening" (https://lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening)
- Click on "UTME CANDIDATE LOGIN."
- Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER, your SURNAME, and click "SUBMIT."
- Click the "Make Payment (Admission Screening)" button.
- On the Payment Page:
- Supply JAMB Registration Number
- Select "Admission Screening Fee" as Description
- Select "Ojo" as Campus
- Select "Student" as Category
- After Successful Payment, return to your dashboard.
- Click "Start Admission Screening."
- Choose either "REGULAR STUDENT ADMISSION SCREENING" or "REGULAR STUDENT WITH ENTREPRENEURSHIP ADMISSION SCREENING" from the drop-down menu: "Type of Screening."
- Supply your Transaction ID used for Payment.
- Complete the application and print a copy of the Temporary Self-Screening Report. Please NOTE that all Screened Candidates must log in to their Admission Screening Portal to Print their Final Self-Screening Report.
- Candidates can repeat the above procedure if there is a need to update/effect correction(s) on the earlier supplied records. With this, the candidate(s) will be required to make payment for subsequent screening attempts.
B. ONLINE SELF-SCREENING FORM FOR ALL CANDIDATES
- After successful payment for LASU 2023/2024 Admission screening exercise, return to https://lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening
- Use your UTME Registration Number AND SURNAME to log in to the LASU Online Screening Platform and supply your Transaction ID.
- Carefully fill in your personal details as required and save.
- Select your choice of course.
- Scan and upload your UTME result slip [NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)].
- Save and proceed.
- Select the number of O’ Level sitting(s).
- Scan and upload your O’ Level result slip(s) [NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)].
- Save and proceed.
- Input required O’ Level details.
- Save and proceed.
- Candidates must possess Five (5) O' Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except for Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY one (1) sitting.
- Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course and use Two (2) sittings of O’Level Results must possess Six (6) O' Level Credits, including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one (1) other Science subject, and any other subject.
- Aeronautic and Astronautic Engineering require a Credit pass in Further Mathematics.
- Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
- Candidates must ensure they upload their O’Level results on JAMB CAPS before the closure of the Admission Screening Exercise.
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin MUST have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by Lagos State University.
C. ONLINE SCREENING GRADING FOR ALL CANDIDATES
The Screening of Candidates will be based on a Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to the candidate’s choice of course.
Candidates are advised to visit JAMB's website to study the O’ Level subject requirements for their course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening.
The Point grading system is as follows:
- A1 - 10 points
- B2 - 9 points
- B3 - 8 points
- C4 - 7 points
- C5 - 6 points
- C6 - 5 points
Please note that both payment and registration/updating will last for Twenty-Five  days, i.e., Mon., 7th August – Thur., 31st August 2023, by 12 midnight.
For any Online Screening complaints, kindly channel them to [email protected].
Don't miss this opportunity to join Lagos State University for the 2023/2024 academic session! Apply now and embark on a journey of knowledge and growth. Best of luck in your academic pursuits!