1. Aba women riot of 1929 is a result of ___.
A. Imposition of tax on women in Eastern Nigeria
B. The irresponsibility of Aba women
C. because Aba women were taken as slaves
D. The killing of the Chief of Aba
2. Nigeria's Fourth Republic commenced_____.
A. May 29th 1999
B. 1st October 1999
C. 21st October 1999
D. None of the above.
A. The rise of the educated elite
B. Provision of social facilities
C. The first world war
D. Technological Development
4. Which of the following countries is not a member of the Economic Community of West African States
5. Nigeria was suspended from the Commonwealth in ___.
6. UNESCO is a body under ___.
A. The O.A.U
B. The I.M.F
C. The U.N.O
D. The U.S.A
7. The Chief of Defence Staff is ______.
A. Rear Admiral Suleiman lgohi
B. Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin.
C. Rear Admiral Onoja.
D. Rear Admiral Ogohi Ogohi.
8. The current Nigerian Constitution was promulgated in_____.
9. The Speaker of the House of Representatives is ______.
A. Ghali Na'abba.
B. Oladimeji Bankole.
C. Patricia Etteh
D. None of the above.
10. Which of the following States is not a member of Niger Delta Development
D. Cross River
11. The overall military I-lead or am Nigerian Defence Academy is referred to as ___.
A. The Director of Military Training
B. The General Officer Commanding
C. The Commander
D. The Commandant
12. In a Parliamentary system of government, the _____ is the Head of Government.
C. Prime Minister
D. Senate President
13. The Judicial arm of government______ in case there is a crisis ___.
C. make laws
D. all of the Above
14. The military coups in Nigeria with the intention of balkanizing the country Naija-led by ___.
A. Major Nzeogwu
B. Major Orkar
C. Lt Colonel Dimka
D. Major Gen. M Vasta
15. Which of the following is not associated with Structural Adjustment Programme?
A. Trade Liberalisation
B. Removal of Subsidy
16. The Civilian President in Nigeria is to Serve for ____ years.
17. The Electoral Princess in Nigeria reflects representation based on:
B. One-party rule
C. Functional representation
D. Restricted franchise
18. The difference between Nigeria's First and second republics is that:
A. The former was parliamentary and the latter was presidential
B. The former was presidential and the latter, Parliamentary
C. The former was superior to the latter
D. The latter was both parliamentary and presidential
19. The highest custodian of the prerogative of mercy in Nigeria is:
A. The Chief Justice of the Federation
B. The Executive Government of a State
C. The President and Commander-in-Chief
D. The Attorney-General
20. Who was Nigeria's first elected civilian President?
A. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe
B. Chief Obafemi Awolowo
C. Sir Abubakar T. Balewa
D. Alhaji Shehu Shagari
21. Which of these statements is CORRECT about Proportional Representation.
A. It makes the assembly representative of all citizen
B. It is simple to operate
C. It preserves the party system
D. It gives the parties seats in proportion to their popular support
22. Aristocracy is the system of government in which the few rules for:
A. Their own benefit
B. The benefit Mali
C. The benefit of their friends
D. The benefit the few.
23. A nation-state is synonymous with a ___.
A. Sovereign state
B. Dependent territory
D. Political community
24. Presidentialism is a system of government in which:
A. There is elected head of State who exercises actual executive powers.
B. The head of State is not the Chief executive.
C. The executive functions are the responsibility of the members of a cabinet.
D. All members of the cabinet must also be members of the legislature.
25. A country made up of Semi-autonomous units is:
A. A confederation
B. A federation
C. A region
26. The cabinet can be described as a link between:
A. An executive and the legislature
B. The legislature and the electorate
C. Executive and the judiciary
D. The legislature and the local government council
27. A political authority which exercises sovereign power over a specific geographical area is termed as:
28. Which of the following does not define a constitution?
29. The concept of sovereignty can best be defined as the ___.
A. State of being supreme in authority
B. Power of the executive president
C. Supremacy of the legislature
D. Supremacy of the executive
30. The major distinguishing factor between a political party and a pressure group is that while the former ___.
A. is effectively organized, the latter is not
B. engages in propaganda, the latter does not
C. seeks power, the latter does riot
D. does not form a government, the latter does
31. One of the greatest advocates of socialism was
A. Baron de Montesquieu.
B. Karl Marx.
C. A.V. Dicey,
D. Adam Smith.
32. Public opinion helps a government to ___.
A. develop the country in line with the people's aspirations
B. monitor its socio-cultural policy
C. monitor the economic situation in the country
D. identify those that are opposed to its policies
33. The type of government in which an individual wields absolute power is called ___.
34. A distinctive feature of the presidential system of government is the ___.
A. existence of two political parties
B. fusion of Legislative and executive powers
C. existence of a ceremonial head of state
D. fusion of ceremonial and executive pullers
35. Individual, as opposed to collective responsibility, is a basic feature of the ___.
A. presidential system of government
B. socialist system of government
C. monarchical system of government
D. parliamentary system of government
36. A right enjoyed by citizens but denied non-citizens is the right to ___.
A. equality before the law
B. vote and be voted for
C. life, liberty and security
D. freedom of worship
37. In a federal system, the essence of specifying the constitutional relationship between the centre and the constituent units is to___.
A. ensure the superiority of the centre
B. diffuse political power
C. guarantee political autonomy
D. avoid functional conflicts
38. In a dominant one-party system, there is
A. One party that controls other political parties
B. only one political party recognized by law
C. one among many parties that always wins elections.
D. one party which embraces all the citizens
39. One of the ways the executive performs legislative functions is through
A. administrative review
B. extrajudicial decision
C. judicial review.
D. delegated legislation
40. The form of government in which the powers of the hereditary ruler are limited in
A. constitutional monarchy
C. absolute monarchy
Share This Post: If you believe this post will be useful to others, please share it using the buttons below!