1. Which of these groups of metals react with cold water?
A. Mg, Zn and Fe
B. Sn, Pb and Cu
C. Ca, Mg and Zn
D. K, Na and Ca
2. To 2.0cm3 of solution of X, NaOH solution was added drop by drop until in excess, a reddish-brown ppt insoluble in excess NaOH. The cation contained in sample X is:
3. Two radioactive elements Q and S have a half-life period of 10 hours and 20 hours respectively. Therefore,
A. S decay faster than Q.
B. Q is twice as stable as S.
C. emits fewer particles than S.
D. S is more stable than Q.
4. Excess acidity caused by acid rain can be neutralized by adding
A. more fertilizers
B. acidified soil
5. A chemical substance that speed up rate of chemical reaction is called
6. The rate of reaction does not depend upon
B. concentration of reactants
D. theory of expanding gases
7. All are ionic compounds except
8. The chemical formula of silver bromide is
9. Aluminium (Al) is preferred in overhead power cables because
A. it is a good conductor
B. it acts as an insulator, in case of lightning
C. it prevents accidents
D. it is lighter in weight
10. Reactivity series of metals is also known as the
A. preferential series
B. electrochemical series
C. electrolytic series
D. selective discharge series
11. To make coloured glasses, small quantities of oxides of metals form coloured silicate are often added to the reaction mixture of Na2CO3 and SiO2. Such a metal is
12. Which of the following compounds gives a yellow residue when heated and also reacts with aqueous sodium hydroxide to give a white gelatinous precipitate soluble in excess sodium hydroxide solution?
13. The electronic configurations of two elements with similar chemical properties
are represented by
A. 1s22s22p5 and 1s22s22p4
B. 1s22s22p4 and 1s22s22p63s1
C. 1s22s22p63s1 and 1s22s22s1
D. 1s22s22p4 and 1s22s1
14. Which of the following metals burns with a brick-red flame?
15. The noble gases owe their inactivity to
A. hexagonal shape
B octet configuration
C. obtuse configuration
D. Nonagon shape
16. Which of the following substance is not a compound.
C. Sulphur power
D. Distilled water.
17. In an electrolytic cell, electrons enter the system through the
18. Permanent hardness of water is due to the presence of calcium sulphate which is not softened by boiling. Which of the following chemical is normally used to soften it?
19. How many moles of alanine C3H7NO2, are there in 159g of alanine?
A. 1.42 x 104
20. How many atoms are in one mole of CH3OH?
B. 6.0 x 1023
C. 12.0 x 1023
D. 3.60 x 1034
21. How many grams of Ca(OH)2 are in 1500cm3 of 0.0250M Ca(OH)2
A. 3.17 g
B. 2.78 g
C. 1.85 g
D. 2.34 g
22. What volume of 0.50M KOH would be required to neutralize completely 500cm3 of 0.25M HCl solution?
A. 2.5 x 102 cm3
B. 1.4 x 103 cm3
C. 83 cm3
D. 7.5 x 102 cm3
23. What colour change is observed when ethane is passed into an acidified K2Cr2O7 solution?
A. The solution changes from orange to green
B. The solution changes from brown to orange
C. The solution changes from brown to green
D. The solution changes from yellow to orange
24. What element characterizes amino acids?
25. Which of the following reagent cannot be used to test for the presence of primary alkanol?
A. Conc. H2SO4 and KMnO4
B. Conc. H2SO4 and Ethanoic acid
C. Conc. H2SO4 and K2Cr2O7
D. Conc. H2SO4 and Ethanol
26. Which is a saturated hydrocarbon?
27. When sucrose solution is warmed with dilute hydrochloric acid, the resulting solution will:
A. decolourize Bromine water
B. give a brick-red precipitate with Fehling's solution
C. give a white precipitate with BaCl2
D. turn starch iodide paper black
28. Using the IUPAC system of naming the compound below is known as
29. Which of the following organic chlorides will not give a Friedel-Craft alkylation product when heated with benzene and AlCl3
30 What is the total number of sigma bonds in the following compound?
CH3 — CH − C = CH — C − CH2
31. Pi-bond in the following compound can be found between
H — C1 = C2H2 — C3H — NH2
A. C2 and C3
B. C1 and C2
C. C1 and C3
D. C3 and N
32. Which of the following is an important reactive electrophile in aromatic ring nitration?
33. The separation of petroleum fractions depends on the differences in their
A. Molar masses
B. Melting point
C. Boiling points
34. What is the IUPAC name for the following compound?
35. What is the name of the following compound?
B. 2-propyl- 1 -butane
C. 2-ethyl- 1 -pentene
36. The electronic configuration of Mg2+ is
37. How many moles of KBrO3 are required to prepare 0.0700 moles of Br2 according to the reaction below
KBrO3 + 5KBr + 6HNO3 ⟶ 6KNO3 + 3Br2 +3H2O
38. The formula weight of the compound, CaSO4 is:
39. How many moles of alanine, C3H7NO2, are there in 159g of alanine?
A. 1.42 x 104
40 Which of the following does not have a noble gas electron configuration?
Share This Post: If you believe this post will be useful to others, please share it using the buttons below!
Post a Comment