NDA BIOLOGY 2018 PAST QUESTIONS
1. The axial skeleton comprises of __.
A. Skull and the vertebral column
B. Pelvic girdles and the ribs
C. Fore limb and hind limb
D. Pectoral and pelvic girdles
2. When a cell is placed in solution and the size of the cell increases, the concentration of solution is said to be __
A. In star formation
4. Coordination and regulation of body activities in mammals are achieved by the __.
A. Nerves only
B. Nerves and muscles
C. The endocrine
D. Nerves and Hormones
5. The male reproductive organ of a flower is the ___.
6. Which of these is not a class of vertebrate?
7. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic feature of a wind-dispersed fruit?
A. Winged apparatus
C. Flossy Structure
8. A constituent of exhaust gases of motor vehicles which causes serious air pollution is __.
A. Water vapour
C. Cardon dioxide
D. Carbon monoxide
9. The aspect of photosynthesis that does not require light is known as ___.
A. Dark reaction
C. Chloro plasticity
10. The supporting tissues of xylem is most poorly developed in __.
A. Submerged water plants.
B. Mangrove swamp plants
C. Desert Plants
D. Grassland Plants
11. A non-parasitic plant that grows attached to another plant is known as ___.
12. The process involved in the formation of urine are as follows except ___.
A. Capillary System
C. Tubular Secretion
D. Selective re-absorption
13. The four elements that form 99% of the protoplasm are __.
A. H, N, Ca, Cl
B. C, O, Ca, S
C. N, O, P, S
D. C, H, N, O
14. The animals that move by means of flagella include:
A. Planaria and Amoeba
B. Paramecium and Planaria
C. Chlamydomonas and Euglena
D. Amoeba and Hydra
15. One of the following is not a feature of a monocotyledon plant.
A. The vascular bundles of the stem are scattered
B. They undergo secondary growth
C. They have a fibrous root system
D. The bear seeds with one cotyledon each
16. The pH value of human blood is __.
17. In sexual reproduction, male and female gametes fused in the process known as __.
A. None of the below
18. The study of the microscopic appearance of tissue is known as __.
19. In a field experiment, the frequency of waterleaf was observed to be 48 after 20 tosses of a 2m2 quadrant. What is the density of the plant?
A. 4.8 per m2
B. 9.6 per m2
C. 1.2 per m2
D. 2.4 per m2
20. The most common means of transmitting the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) is __.
A. Through sexual intercourse
B. Through sharing needles
C. From mother to child
D. Through blood transmission
21. Darwin is considered the first scientist who correctly explained the theory of __
A. Organic Evolution
B. Spontaneous Generation
C. Use and Disuse
D. Special Creation
22. To control transpiration, a plant may not __.
A. Close its stomata
B. Produce more stamina
C. Develop thick layer of cuticle
D. Shed its leaves
23. Flame cells are found in __.
24. Both aerobic phases of respiration have a common pathway called __.
A. Citric acid cycle
C. Krebs Cycle
25. What activity in meiosis actually initiates the production of Haploid cell?
A. Pairing of homologous chromosomes
B. Movement of chromosomes to opposite poles
C. Division of the Cytoplasm
D. Chromosome replication
26. One of the following cannot be described as parenting organ.
27. In which of the following food substance are carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen present?
28. In bryophytes, sex organs are produced in the __.
29. Which of these diseases cannot be controlled by killing the vectors?
30. One of the following statements is not true of the viruses.
A. They are micro-organisms
B. The are smaller than bacteria
C. They can be seen with a light microscope
D. They cause polio and smallpox
31. Which of the following organs produces bile?
32. In anaerobic respiration, glucose is converted to one of the following ___.
A. Carbon dioxide and water
B. Carbon dioxide only
C. Carbon dioxide and alcohol
D. Alcohol and water
33. What of the following animal is cold-blooded?
34. Which of the following does not cause cancer?
A. An increased number of growth factor receptors
C. A mutated form of Rb protein
D. The presence of p53 protein
35. In a diploid somatic cell that has not undergone DNA, replication the copies of each chromosome are __.
36. Which of the following is not true of cross over?
A. It occurs during prophase I
B. It occurs during prophase II
C. It occurs between homologous chromosomes
D. It holds homologous chromosomes together
37. Synthesis of RNA by DNA is called __.
D. Molecular repair
38. Part of a DNA sequence that codes for the aminoacidemia in a protein is called ___.
A. Coding region
D. Codon preference
39. The movement of spermatozoa towards chemical substances secreted by the egg is __.
C. Phyto taxis
40. Another name for the resting stage of cell division is __.
Share This Post: If you believe this post will be useful to others, please share it using the buttons below!