NDA BIOLOGY 2012 PAST QUESTIONS
A. salt solution
B. sugar solution
C. Fehling's solution
D. Benedict's solution
2. The rate of transpiration in plants can be measured using _____.
3. A complete set of genetic instructions for any organism is its _____.
B. genetic code
4. The two basis of organic evolution includes _____.
A. variation and heredity
B. soil and water
C. nutrition and decomposition
D. adaptation and irritability
5. The term used for short-sightedness is _____.
6. Sickle-cell anaemia is a
A. nutritionally deficient disease
B. genetically modified disease
C. the disease caused by environmental changes
D. pathogenic disease
7. One of the following is the embryonic membrane which forms the fluid-filled sac that encloses and protects the embryo
B. Uterine wall
8. One or the following pairs of insects arc the common agents of pollination
A. flies and mosquitoes
B. wasp and aphids
C. butterflies and bees
Grasshoppers and beetles
9. In mammals. one of the following acts as both digestive and endocrine organ
10. The thoracic cavity is separated from the abdominal region by a dome-shaped muscle called
A. pleural muscle
B. thoracic muscles
C. intercostal muscle
D. plenary muscle
11. One of the following chemical equations summarizes the photosynthetic process in plants
A. 6CO2+ 6H2O→ C6H12 O6 + 6O2 ↑
B. CO2 +O2 → C6H6O6 + 6O2 ↑
C. C6 H6 06 +602 → C02 + 02 ↑
D. H20 + 6O2 → 12H20↑
12. odontoid process is found in the vertebra, is
13. ____ is the removal of trees from an area adequate re-planting
14. The hormone which tones-up the muscles of a person in time of clanger is produced by ____.
A. the thyroid gland
B. the liver
C. Adrenal gland
15. Metabolism consists of two processes which are ____.
A. anabolism and catabolism
B. oxidation and reduction
C. photosynthesis and respiration
D. catabolism and composition
Which of the organisms lack a cell wall?
D. None of the above
17. Which of the following blood component has the greatest affinity for oxygen?
A. Blood plasma
18. The aspects of photosynthesis that does not require light is known as ___.
A. Dark reaction
19. This is not a unicellular organism
20. Which of the following statements is not true of bacteria?
A. colonies are visible to the unaided eyes
B. colonies are derived from single cells
C. colonies can only be seen with the aid of a microscope
D. colonies have their distinct characteristics
21. Examples of competitors are ___.
A. lizard and mouse
B. snake and lizard
C. grasshopper and mouse
D. rabbit and snake
22. One of the adaptations of life on trees by a monkey is its possession of digits which are ___.
23. The community of plants in which the same .species occur from year to year is the ___.
A. annual species
C. perennial species
D. climax vegetation
24. The most common means of transmitting the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
(AIDS) is ____.
A. from the mother to child
B. through blood transmission
C. through sexual intercourse
D. through sharing of needles
25. Plants tend to prevent overcrowding by means of efficient ___.
A. water uptake
B. seed germination
D. seed disposal
26. The physical and climatic factors of a region primarily determine the ____.
A. kinds of animals inhabiting the area
B. types of plants found in the area
C. nature of the soil in that region
D. community of organisms in the region
27. A step in the movement of energy through an ecosystem is a description that best fits the
A. food chain
B. tropic level
C. pyramids of numbers
D. food webs
28. In a field experiment, the frequency of waterleaf was observed to be 48 after 20 tosses of a 2m2quadrant. What is the density of the plant in the field?
A. 1.2 per m2
B. 2.4 per m2
C. 4.8 per m2
D. 9.6 per m2
29. The supporting tissues of xylem are most poorly developed in ___.
A. mangrove swamp plants
B. grassland swamp plants
C. submerged water plants
D. desert plants
30. The addition of lime to clay soil serves ___.
A. aid water retention
B. close up the texture
C. prevent water-logging
D. improve capillary action
31. The oxygen evolved during photosynthesis comes from ___.
C. carbon dioxide
32. Another name for white blood cell is ___.
33. A corm is ___.
A. an underground stem
B. an underground tuber
C. a rhizome
D. a bulb
34. Which of the following substances is not transported by the blood in a mammal?
A. mineral salts
35. Xerophthalmia is an inflammation of ___.
A. Outer and inner ear
B. iris and cornea
C. cornea and conjunctiva
D. iris and corona
36. In plants, the structure that performs a •similar function with the testis in mammals is the
37. The bacteria type (bat arc arranged in chains are the ___.
38. The most abundant group of organisms in the animal kingdom is ___.
39. Radial symmetry is a feature common to the ___.
40. Which of the following is used mainly for balancing ___?
A. the caudal fin
B. the pectoral fin
C. the anal fin
D. the dorsal tin
Share This Post: If you believe this post will be useful to others, please share it using the buttons below!
Post a Comment