NDA GEOGRAPHY 2016 PAST QUESTIONS
Instructions: Study the Map of SABAKA District and answer Questions 1 – 5
1. The inhabitants of Abu are most likely to be_____
C. cattle herders
2. The distribution of settlements in the areas is mostly influenced by_____
D. mineral deposits
3 The spot height on the map is
4. The map area can be described as a_____
A. low plain
B. rugged relief
C. flood pain
5. The feature shown North of Abu is_____
A. a spur
B. a col
C. a ridge
D. an escarpment
6. Which type of energy uses magma or hot dry rocks to generate electricity?
7. Which is an inexhaustible resource?
8. Which helps to reduce the demand for new mineral resources?
9. Which type of map shows elevation at earth's surface?
10. The projection that shows accurate continent and accurate land areas is
11. Land satellite collect data by using_____
B. sound waves
D. light waves
12. Physical factors affecting the distribution of vegetation include the following except_____
A. human beings
D. soil nutrient
13. Lines on maps joining together places with the same sunshine amount are called_____
14. Two examples of inland drainage lakes in Africa are_____
A. Lake Chad and Lake Edwards
B. Lake Victoria and Lake Ngami
C. Lake Chad and Lake Turkana
D. Lake Malawi and Lake Turkana
15. The highest land in Nigeria is found on the_____
A. Mambilla Plateau
B. Oban Hills
C. North Central Plateau
D. Western Highlands
16. A range of temperature of a given station is?
A. the total temperature for the station
B. the difference between the maximum and the minimum temperature for the station
C. maximum temperature for the station
D. None of the above
17. Which consists of fine-grained wind sediment?
18. What is a layer of permeable rock that water flows through?
B. water table
C. a pore
D. hot spring
19. What is the network formed by a river and all the smaller streams that contribute to it?
A. groundwater system
B. zone of saturation
C. river system
D. water table
20. In which area of the ocean is the greatest source of food build?
A. on the abyssal plain
B. along continental shelves
C. along the mid-ocean ridge
D. in trenches
21. A period of 24 hours of rain with an amount not below 0.2mm is called_____
A. A rainy day
B. A rain time
C. A rain belt
D. None of the above
22. Which of the following statistical mapping techniques is most suitable for Showing the spatial distribution of cattle in the different states of Northern Nigeria?
B. pie chart
C. dot map
D. proportional circles
23. The growth of population at a rate faster than the available resources may result in_____
B. ageing population
D. optimum population
24. The busiest and the most important route that links two of the most populous and heavily industrialized parts of the world is the_____
A. Cape route
B. North Atlantic route
C. Panama canal route
D. Trans-pacific route
25. The following are lakes formed by deposition except
A. lakes due to landslides
B. lakes forming ox-bow lakes
C. lakes forming lagoons
D. karst lakes
26. Which of the following rivers is not a tributary of the Amazon'?
27. Which of the following countries produces all of copper, petroleum, iron ore and diamonds?
28. Which one of the following areas arc associated with active volcanoes?
A. glaciated uplands
B. plateau surfaces
C. newly folded mountains
D. continental plains
29. Among West African countries, Togo is a leading exporter of_____
30. Seismic waves from earthquakes arc measured with an instrument known as a_____
31. What hypothesis states that continents slowly moved to their present positions on earth?
A. seafloor spreading
C. sub erosion
D. continental drift
32. In which galaxy does the sun exist?
A. Aril's galaxy
B. Milky way galaxy
C. Bernard's galaxy
D. Andromeda galaxy
33 Which of the following gives the best description of Lagos?
I. cosmopolitan city
II. cultural city
III industrial city
IV. mining town
A. I and IV only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and IV only
34. Nature reserves in Africa are managed and utilized for several activities with the exception of_____
35. A rift valley can develop as a result of_____
A. heavy rainfall and earthquake
B. volcanic intrusion and avalanche
C. parallel faults and tensional forces
D. landslide and slump
36. In which of the following countries is land reclaimed from the sea intensively used for cultivation?
37. The leading wheat-producing region of the world is the_____
A. Pampas of Argentina
B. Prairie of North America
C. Downs of Australia
D. Veldt of South Africa
38. A river loses energy and may deposit some of its load if_____
A. its bed and banks become smoother
B. its discharge increases
C. its gradient decreases
D. it becomes narrow and deep
39. Time as a factor of soil formation influences mainly soil_____
40. The difference in the readings on the dry and wet bulb thermometers is used to determine.
A. atmospheric pressure
B. range of temperature
D. relative humidity
Share This Post: If you believe this post will be useful to others, please share it using the buttons below!