NDA GEOGRAPHY 2017 PAST QUESTIONS
Use the map below to answer questions 1 - 5
1. What is the approximate height of the location marked X
A. 360 metres
B. 375 metres
C. 380 metres
D. 395 metres
2. Name the feature crossed by the footpath between points Y and Z
3. A map measures 10cm by 6cm. If the map is enlarged such that its area is 240 sq.cm, the map could be said to have been enlarged
C. four times
D. six times
4. What is the average gradient of the slope marked G-H
5. What is the length of the main road to the nearest kilometres
A. 14 kilometres
B. 10 kilometres
D. 11 kilometres
C. 19 kilometres
6. Which of the following lines of latitude divides the earth into two hemispheres?
A. Tropic of cancer
B. Tropic of
C. The Equator
D. Antarctic circle
7. The angular distance of a point on the Earth's surface is measured in degrees from the centre of the Earth East or West of the Greenwich Meridian is known as
8. A mercury barometer is used for measuring
A. wind speed
D. atmospheric pressure
9. Through what process are rift valleys formed?
10. Which of the following is a feature commonly found in the youthful stage of a river?
C. Oxbow lake
D. interlocking spur
11. Hail, fog, dew and frost are all forms of a
C. water vapour
12. Which of these can people do in order to help reduce global warming?
A. burn coal
B. conserve energy
C. remove trees
D. produce methane
13. What protects living things from too much ultraviolet radiation?
D. ozone layer
14. Which of the following is not a characteristic of sedimentary rocks? They
A. contain fossils
B. are crystalline.
C. are usually laid down in layers.
D. are porous.
15. Rocks which have been formed by the cooling and solidification of molten magma are
A. igneous rocks.
B. sedimentary rocks.
D. metamorphic rocks.
16. Which of the following pairs are desert landforms?
A. Wave-cut platforms and self-dunes.
B. Sandbars and sandspits.
C. Yardangs and zeugens.
D. Barchans and tombolos.
17. A period of 24 hours of rain with an amount not below 0.2mm is called
A. A rain day
B. A rain time
18. The portion of the earth that contains life is the
19. Which of the following groups is known for nomadic grazing
A. The Arabs of Algeria
B. The Hausas of Nigeria
C. The Akans of Ghana
D. The Masai of Kenya
20. The major terrestrial ecosystems are often referred to as
B. Boreal forest
21. The variation in the volume of water in a river over time is known as its
22. Land and sea breezes occur as a result of
A. Rotation of the earth on its axis
B. Daily variations in temperature
C. Differential heating of land and sea
D. Seasonal movement of the ITCZ
23. The highlands that provide the sources of River Niger are
A. Adamawa highlands and Plateau of Mali
B. FutaDjalon and Guinea highlands
C. Mandara mountains and Jos Plateau
D. Plateau of Southern Mali and FutaDjalon highland
24. Which of the following is the first stage in the process of lumbering?
A. trees are cut into logs
B. suitable species are identified
C. trees are felled with power-saw
D. platforms are built for buttress trees
25. In which area of the ocean is the greatest source of food found?
A. On abyssal plains
B. In trenches
C. Along the mid-ocean ridge
D. Along continental shelves
26. What would you most likely find at the leeward side of a mountain range?
27. A port that specializes in receiving and redistributing goods to other nations is
A. a river port
B. an airport
C. an entrepot
D. an inland port
28. The export trade of most West African countries consists of
B. primary product
C. processed goods
D. dairy products
29. Which of the following factors can be used to differentiate between a village and a town?
30. Which of the following industries is likely to be located at or near the source of its major raw materials?
B. Aluminium Smelting
D. Cement manufacturing
31. Nigeria's second seaport in terms of tonnage of goods handled is
C. Port Harcourt.
32. The Fadama lands of the Niger/Benue trough are mostly known for the commercial production of
A. yam and vegetables
B. potatoes and beniseed
C. rice and sugar cane
D. maize and guinea corn.
33. Which of the following countries is well known for aluminium smelting?
34. ECOWAS is a viable economic region because of
A. the large size of the territory
B. the support it receives from the E.E.C.
C. its mineral and agricultural potentials
D. the ability of the region to defend itself against external aggression.
35. Which of the following countries of Africa has little or no potential for hydro-electricity generation?
36. The main petroleum-producing countries of Africa are
A. Nigeria, Togo and South Africa
B. Nigeria, Algeria and Libya
C. Nigeria, Niger and Zaire
D. Nigeria, Libya and Ghana
37. The ratio of registered births to the population of women of childbearing age is known as the
A. Fertility rate
B. Growth rate
C. Mortality rate
D. Morbidity rate
38. A linear settlement is most likely to develop on a
C. Route way
39. A manufacturing industry would tend to be market-oriented if the
A. Industry requires a regular power supply
B. Finished products are highly perishable
C. Finished products lose weight
D. Industry requires a large pool of labour
40. Which of the following geopolitical zones has the highest population density in Nigeria?
A. South West
B. North Central
C. North East
D. South East
Share This Post: If you believe this post will be useful to others, please share it using the buttons below!
Post a Comment