FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Form: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA) postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Duration of FUTMINNA Postgraduate Programmes
Master Degree Programmes
The Master Degree programmes are expected to last a minimum of three Semesters for full-time students and there is no part time for Master’s degree programmes. The maximum allowable periods of studies shall be six semesters for full-time, subject to passing all courses at the end of each semester and maintaining a CGPA of 2.5 at the end of the course-work programme. Failure to meet this requirement will result in withdrawal from the programme.
- A Minimum of six semesters (three (3) academic sessions) and maximum of ten semesters (five (5) academic sessions) for full-time students.
- A Minimum of ten semesters (five (5) academic sessions) and maximum of fourteen semesters (seven (7) academic sessions) for part-time students respectively.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Please note that any candidate with PASS grade at either OND or HND does not qualify for admission. Generally, Full-time Students are expected to graduate normally after Three Semesters on successful completion of their programmes, subject to maintaining a minimum CGPA of 1.50 in any semester.
FUTMINNA Postgraduate General Admission Requirements
A candidate applying for Postgraduate Studies in the Federal University of Technology, Minna must have obtained five (5) Credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GCE (O’Level) or their equivalents including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. No admission shall be made on the basis of any awaiting results and no exemption is made for admission into any programme.
A. Ph.D. Programmes
- Candidates for admission for any of PhD Programme shall be Master Degree graduates of the Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other University recognized by the Senate or holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University Senate(Not professional masters).
- A Master Degree holder applying for PhD Programme of the University must have maintained a weighted score average of 60% or a B’ grade or a CGPA of 3.50 out of 5.00 in overall performance in the Master Degree programme.
- Appropriate courses may be prescribed for candidates whose background is considered weak for the areas of specialization. This is done at the discretion of the School/Department within the approved general regulations/guidelines of the Postgraduate School.
B. Master's Degree Programmes
- A Minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from the Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other recognized University.
- A Third Class Honours Degree with at least 3 years of graduation experience in relevant fields may be considered. In some areas, passing a qualifying examination to be administered by the Department of the candidates, in consultation with the Postgraduate School, may be required. Please note that this is not applicable to the Engineering Schools (SEET and SIPET).
- Candidates with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND Lower Credit and a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field with, at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one-year graduation experience may be considered.
- Where examination is required as in the case of (2) and (3) above, an examination fee of ₦2000.00 will be charged outside the cost of Postgraduate application forms.
- NYSC certificate or exemption letter is required for admission into all Postgraduate programmes.
- For the avoidance of doubt, candidates with PASS grade at any level of Degree, PGD, HND and OND do not qualify for admission to the PhD/ Master/PGD Programmes. No Diploma candidate with CGPA less than 2.50 qualifies for admission into the Master Degree Programmes.
- In all cases of admission, the final decision on qualified candidates rests with the Postgraduate School Board. Candidates with Science-based background are normally considered.
- All Master Degree Programmes require course work components in addition to research work components. There is no exemption. A Thesis must be defended and submitted for a student to qualify and graduate.
- All Master Degree Programmes require course work components in addition to research work components. There is no exemption. A Thesis must be defended and submitted for a student to qualify and graduate.Credit plus PGD at distinction in Animal Production from a recognized institution.
- A Bachelor Degree in Agriculture and Allied Discipline such as Veterinary Medicine, Biology, Botany and Zoology with a minimum of a Second Class (Lower Division) or its equivalent for unclassified Degrees.
Department of Crop Production
PhD (Full-time and part-time) in the following areas of specialization:
- Weed Science,
- Crop Breeding/Genetics
- Crop protection (Nematology &Virology)
- Seed Technology
- Crop Physiology
- MTech (Full-time only) in the following areas of specialization:
- Crop Production
- Crop Protection
- Postgraduate Diploma in Crop Production (Full-time only)
C. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- A Third Class Honours Degree in relevant fields may be considered.
- Candidates with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND Lower Credit in relevant field with one year graduation experience may be considered.
How to Apply for FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Exercise
All applications for Postgraduate programmes are online through the University website; futminna.edu.ng
Applications will be accessible as from 9th January, 2024.
All requested information on the online application must be correctly and accurately provided with current and active email addresses and phone numbers.
Completed application forms must be submitted online through the University portal before 17th March, 2024. All necessary instructions on filling of the form must be adhered to and failure to do so is sufficient ground to disqualify an applicant.
Completed application forms must be printed out as they would be requested for during registration, on successful admission.
All PhD Applicants must upload their research proposal of interest and ensure that their official transcripts are forwarded to;
The Federal University of Technology,
Minna, Niger State.
before the processing of admission. Official transcripts could also be sent through our Email ([email protected]) to be uploaded before processing of admission.
It is the responsibility of each candidate to ensure that the online referee reports are duly filled and submitted by the respective referees before the closing date. (Minimum of two (2) referees must be submitted on line).
All certificates must be uploaded in their original form and in colour.
APPLICATION FORMS: University charges an application fee of Fifteen thousand naira ₦15,000.00 plus, Two hundred and fifty naira ₦250.00 Remita charge making a total of ₦15,250.00 Naira payable online via the Remita platform with the use of Master or Verve card through the School portal.
PAYMENT OF FEES AND THE PROCEDURES:
All successful applicants offered provisional admission must pay a non-refundable acceptance fee of ₦20,000 only and later undergo the following registration formalities: screening of original credentials at Postgraduate School and payment of School fees and registration at Departments/Centres. This shall be completed within a stipulated date, beyond which the candidate loses the admission.
We hope you found our article helpful; if so, don't hesitate to share it with others using the share buttons below.