NDA HISTORY 2011 PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. Which of the following belong to the Chadic group of languages?
A. Hausa, Ngizim, Angas and Balewa
B. Yoruba, lgala, Warkun and Affade
C. Kanuri, lgbirra, Kambari and Tiv
D. lgbo, Efik, Ibibio and Urhobo
2. The lgbo political system is described as "stateless" because it was ___.
3. The name of Osei Tutu is often associated with the ___.
A. Fame resistance to colonial rule
B. conquest and annexation of Fante
C. introduction of horses to Asante
D golden stool
4. The Ijebu were best known as ___.
A. head hunters.
5. The Sultanate of Zinder (Damagaran) regained independence from Borno in the ___.
A. early 16th century
B. late 19th century
C. late 18th century
6. Sheikh Uthman Dart Fodio was taught by ___.
A. Sheikh Muktar al kunti
B. Ishaq es-Sahili
C. Sheikh Jibril Ibn Umar
D. the Wangara scholars
7. Seku Ahmadu established the Caliphate of
8. Saif Ibn Dhi Yazan was the legendary founder of the ___.
A. Hausa State
B. Kotoko-Lagone State
C. Kanem Borno Empire
D. Askia Dynasty
9. Portuguese missionaries accompanied Oba Esigie of Benin to ___.
A. Idah war of 1515-1516
B. Pay homage to the Emir of Kano
C. withdraw Benin forces from Lagos
D. subdue Asaba
10. The Niger Constabulary was established in 1886 by the ___.
A. National African Company
B. Royal West African Frontier Force
C. Niger Coast Protectorate
D. Queens Niger Regiment
11. The amalgamation of the Northern and Southern protectorates was in ___.
12. The Richards constitution of 1945 ___.
A. created a federal structure for Nigeria
B. gave voting right to all men
C. provided for a unitary system of government
D. created a bi-carmel legislature
13. In 1953 a motion for self-government by 1956 was moved by
A. Chief Obafemi Awolowo
B. Alhaji Tarawa Balewa
C. Sir Ahmadu Bello
D. Chief Anthony Enahoro
14. The Eastern and Western Regions were granted self-government in ___.
15. The last British Governor-General or Nigeria was:
A. Lord Lugard
B. James Robertson
C. John Macpherson
D. Robert Stapleton
16. At independence the Head of government was:
A. Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe
B. Chief Obafemi Awolowo
C. Alhaji Tafawa Balewa
D. Sir Ahmadu Bello
17. The Head of State at independence was ___.
A. Nnamdi Azikiwe
B. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa
C. Okoto Eboh
D. Kashim Ibrahim
18. A "State of Emergency" was first declared in 1964 in the ___.
A. Not-their Region
B. Eastern Region
C. Western Region
D. Mid-western Region
20. The first governor impeached in Nigeria was during the ___.
A. First Republic
B. Second Republic
C. Third Republic
D. Military regime
21. The traditional title of the Yoruba monarch was ___.
22. The largest Yoruba Empire was ___.
23. The first Europeans to visit the West African Coast were the ___.
24. The highest priority of the Portuguese during their early visit to West Africa was to search for
D. All of the above
25. One major consequence of the slave trade on the African continent was ___.
A. lack of finance
B. shortage of buyers
D. None of the above
26. The abolitionists sought to end slavery on ___.
A. religious grounds
B. moral grounds
C. humanitarian grounds
D. All of the above
27. Chief Koko, Amanyanabo of Nembe died while resisting British occupation of his territory in ___.
28: Oba Ovenramwen of Benin was deposed and exiled in ___.
D. Fernando Po Island
29. In the Igbo land 19th Century the supreme arbiter in judicial matters was ___.
30. A unique aspect of the 19th Century trading system of the white cap chiefs of Lagos was the ___.
A. Trust System
B. Relay trade
C. Baba lsale system
31. The first world war broke out in ___.
32. The Great depression of 1920s started in
C. United States of America
33. The first country to experience socialist revolution was ___.
D. South Africa
34. The First leader to put Turkey on the path of modernity was ___.
A. lshmil Inonu
B. Saab lrbakhan
C. Sultan Abdulhamid
D. Mustafa Kamal Attatuk
35. The South African Native Congress was renamed African National Congress in ___.
36. The Tokolor empire was established by ____.
A. Ahmadu Sekou
B. Royal Niger Company
C. Al-Hajj Umar
D. Uthman Dan Fodio
37. In 1886 an administrative set up over the rivers was established by ___.
A. United African Company
B. Royal Niger Company
C. James Robertson
D. Lord Lugar
38. Europeans held a conference in Berlin in 1884/5 primarily to ___
A. settle dispute between Britain and Germany
B. begin he scramble for territories in Africa
C. establish peaceful trade between Africa and Germany
D. partition Africa end boundary disputes among European imperialists
39. The most widely traveled traders in the 19th century Igbo-land were the
40. Ekiti Parapo war was referred to as
A. the signal for Yoruba wars
B. the war to end all wars
C. the war of unity
D. the Ekiti war
Post a Comment