NDA HISTORY 2014 PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
2. The Nri Legendary was associated with the ___.
3. The first set of Europeans that traded on the coast of West Africa were the Portuguese in the ___.
A. 21st Century
B. 3rd Century
C. 11th Century
D. 15th Century
4. The Oyo Mesi were the kingmakers in the ___.
A. Ghana Empire
B. Mali Empire
C. Oyo Kingdom
D. Sokoto Caliphate
5. The following were important commercial centres that emerged in Ghana except ___.
6. The Songhai settled at Gao but their original home was in______
A. Kimuru and Kossai
B. Kiwata and Bussa
C. Dendi and Bussa
D. Zamfur and Bussa
7. The ___ was the centre of the political organization in the Nupe Kingdom.
8. ___ culture is one of the many sub-cultures that developed in the Igbo culture area.
9. The Ewe people of the Gold Coast came from a place called ___.
A. Ketu in Dahomey
B. Ketu in Lagos
C. Ketu in Ghana
D. Ketu in Sierra Leone
10. The Ruler of Algeria is known as the ___.
11. Morocco in the 19th Century was ruled by the ___.
A. Shehu Dynasty
B. Idris Alooma Dynasty
C. Alwife Dynasty
D. Sherifian Dynasty
12. One of the best-known commanders in pre-colonial Africa was ___.
C. Chaka Zulu
13. Before the amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates in 1914, Lagos was a ___.
B. Crown colony
C. British Empire
D. Independent sovereign state
14. The first leader of the Nigerian National Democratic Party (NNDP) was ___.
A. Herbert Macaulay
B. Nnamdi Azikwe
C. Ahmadu Bello
D. Ernest Okoli
15. The British colonial authority introduced forced labour in order to ___.
A. Improve the economic well-being of the colonized people
B. Developed the economic growth of the indigenous people
C. Exploit the indigenous people
D. None of the above
16. The two political parties that went into alliance and formed government at the center after independence in Nigeria are:
A. NEPU and NCNC
B. NPC and NCNC
C. NPC and AG
D. AG and NEPU
17. The first military Head of State in Nigeria was ___.
A. General Yakubu Gowon
B. General Hassan Katsina
C. General Emmanuel Abisoye
D. General Aguiyi-Ironsi
18. The first Nigerian to successfully lead an industrial strike was ___.
A. Herbert Macaulay
B. Nnamdi Azikiwe
C. Micheal Imodu
D. H.O Davies
19. The Constitution that brought about Nigeria's Fourth Republic was the ___.
20. Commonwealth countries have common ties with one of the following imperial powers
21. The motion for Nigerian independence in 1960 was moved in 1959 by ___.
A. Chief Obafemi Awolowo
B. Sir Ahmadu Bello
C. Chief Anthony Enahoro
D. Chief Samuel Akintola
22. The status of Lagos as an independent municipality was provided for by the ___.
A. Macpherson Constitution
B. Lyttelton Constitution
C. 1957 Constitution
D. 1958 Constitution
23. By the constitutional reforms introduced in French West Africa in 1946, ___
A. French citizenship was made available to any African who wanted it
B. French citizenship was acquired by naturalization
C. Assimilation was reinforced as an instrument of colonial policy
D. French citizenship was open to all Senegalese
24. The emergence of El-Kanemi Dynasty in Bornu brought an end to the ___.
A. Dunama Dynasty
B. Othman Dynasty
C. Saifawa Dynasty
D. Alooma Dynasty
25. The 1962 census figures in Nigeria were rejected because the ___.
A. figures were inflated
B. NCNC took the Federal Government to court
C. exercise was not supervised by the UNO
D. People rejected the figures
26. After the defeat of the old Oyo by Nupe, the capital of the Empire moved to
B. New Oyo
C. Oyo Ighoho
27. In 1713, the British and French became the leading slave traders on the Guinea Coast following the treaty of ___.
28. Up to the 18th Century, the trading port of Benin Kingdom was ___.
29. The exploration of the Niger was aimed at ___.
A. establishing overseas markets for Britain
B. discovering the source of rivers
C. enriching the British knowledge about Africa
D. dredging the Niger
30. The Treaty of Versailles marked the end of the ___.
A. First World War I
B. Second World War II
C. Sino-Japanese War
D. Anglo-Boer War
31. Which of the following industries was widespread in the Nigerian area?
A. Bronze casting
D. Tin Mining
32. The Wangarawa traders were responsible for the ___.
A. fall of the ancient Mali Empire
B. introduction of Islam into Kano
C. rise of the Wollof Kingdom
D. introduction of the horse into Hausa land
33. The anti-colonial uprising in Benin-City in the 1930's was to protest against the
A. increase in the water rate
B. deposition of the Oba
C. high cost of school fees
D. poor living conditions of the people
34. The constitutional conference which fixed the date for Nigerian independence was held in ___
A. Kaduna in 1960
B. Lagos in 1958
C. London in 1957
D. Enugu in 1956
35. The Aba Women's Riot of 1929 was a protest against ___
A. the proposed taxation of women
B. lack of educational facilities
C. the arrest of sole Igbo chiefs
D. gender discrimination
36. Man's earliest technology was based on ___.
37. The Almoravid Movement played a part in the ___.
A. rise of the ancient Ghana Empire
B. fall of ancient Ghana Empire
C. rise of the ancient Mali Empire
D. rise of Songhai Empire
38. The highest political title among the Urhobo and Isoko was the ___.
39. The symbol of FESTAC'77 was a ___.
A. Igbo Ukwu art
B. NOK art
C. Benin art
D. Diama art
40. Which political party won the 1979 general election in Nigeria?
A. The NPP
B. The GNPP
C. The NPN
D. The PRP
Post a Comment