NDA HISTORY 2017 PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
2. One of these is not a good source of history ____.
B. Oral Tradition
C. Archaeological discoveries
3. The discipline that has played a leading role in aiding understanding of the history of early man is ____.
C. English Language
4. During the stone age, the instruments used by man were mainly ___.
A. Iron, wood and Stone
B. Bow and arrow and iron
C. Wood, Stone and Bone
D. Stone, iron and chalk
5. The empire that lasted for so long in Western Sudan was ____.
A. Ghana Empire
B. Oyo Empire
C. Kanem-Bomu Empire
D. Sokoto Caliphate
6. The ancient African society believed in ____.
D. Worshipping of sun
7. Who among these convened the Berlin Conference ____.
A. Otto von Bismark
B. King Leoplold II
C. King Jaja of Opobo
D. Henry VIII
8. A good example of the currency used in pre-colonial Nigeria was ____.
9. Warfare in pre-colonial Africa was essentially motivated by ____.
A. Acquisition of more territory
B. Desire to train the army.
C. Desire to spread ideology
D. Personal interest of leaders
10. Which of this is heralded colonialism?
A. Industrial Revolution
C. Trans-Atlantic slave trade
D. American War of Independence
11. As a ruler of the Mali Empire, Mansa Musa
A. toured every part of West Africa
B. promoted traditional religious practices among his subjects
C. had diplomatic links with Eastern Europe
D. introduced the use of firearms into the empire
12. _____was the founder of the Second Kanuri Empire (1472 — 1504)
A. Mai Adris Katakarmabi
B. Mai Ali Ghaji
C. Mai Idris Alooma
D. Mai Ali Mamuda
13. The Fulani Jihad of Uthman Dan Fodio broke out in____.
14. The British Colonial administration was established in the Nigerian area by the use of ____.
C. Coercion and diplomacy
D. Trade and friendship
15. The Nigerian Regiment of the WAFF fought World War II in these places
A. Abyssinia, Burma, Mogadishu, Dalet
B. Burma, Camerouns, Gold Coast, Togo
C. Sierra-Leone, Congo, Abyssinia, Mali
D. Liberia, Dalet, Sierra-Leone, Burma
16. In which year was the Lagos Colony amalgamated with the protectorate of Southern Nigeria?
17. Where was gerontocracy practised in pre-colonial Nigeria ____.
A. lgbo society
B. Benin Empire
C. Igala land.
18. In pre-colonial Yoruba society, the presentation of a calabash to the Alaafin meant that ____.
A. Vote of confidence was passed to him
B. He should commit suicide.
C. He could stay in the office as long as he wished.
D. He was doing well as a leader
19. The army commander in the Oyo Empire was ____.
A. Are Ona Kakanfo
20. In the Bayajida legend, the person who killed the mysterious snake preventing people from fetching water was ____.
B. Queen of Daura
21. The Madawaki in Hausa Administration was ____.
A. Calvary commander
B. palace Commander
C. Chief whip
D. keeper of prisons
22. The Richards Constitution was rejected because ____.
A. Nigerians were not consulted
B. it was too rigid
C. it was incomplete
D. it was too sectional
23. The Tiv of the Middle Belt of Nigeria ___.
A. practice bronze casting
B. were brass casters
C. did not engage in pottery making
D. never evolved centralized government
24. The Eso in the Yoruba Kingdom represented ___.
25. Military Rule in Nigeria started in ___.
26. General Gowon's administration ended in ___.
27. The NYSC Scheme was created by?
A. Yakubu Gowon
B. Olusegun Obasanjo
C. Odumegwu Ojukwu
D. Sani Abacha
28. How many political parties contested the June 12, 1993 Elections in Nigeria?
29. The Nigerian civil War lasted for ___.
A. 30 months
B. 20 months
C. 15 months D. 24 months
30. The Waziri in the Hausa Fulani State was the ____.
A. Prime Minister
B. Finance Minister
C. Army Commander
D. Defence Minister
31. The Pre colonial Yoruba kingdom was headed by ___.
32. Who introduced indirect rule in Nigeria?
A. Lord Lugard
B. Tafawa Balewa
D. None of the above
33. The first military coup in Nigeria was staged in ___.
34. A significant feature of the history of Hausa Land in the Fifteenth Century was the rivalry between ___.
A. Kano and Katsina
B. Zamfara and Kebbi
C. Zazzau and Gobir
D. Daura and Katsina
35. The Arochukwu oracle was a vital part of the Aro hegemony because of the belief that it ___.
A. was more popular than Agbala
B. was found in all Aro colonies
C. possessed enormous powers
D. usually brought good luck to Aro traders
36. Which day is known in Nigeria as a Democracy day ___.
A. October 1
B. January 15
C. May 29
D. July 4
37. The first executive President of Nigeria was ___.
A. Alhaji Shehu Shagari
B. Tafawa Balewa
C. Aguyi Ironsi
D. Nnamdi Azikiwe
38. At independence, Nigeria's first type of government was ___.
39. Nigeria was a colony of ___.
40. In which year did the Federal Government of Nigeria first declare a state of emergency in response to Boko Haram insurgency in the North East?