OAU Postgraduate Admission Form: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife is now accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for both full-time and part-time postgraduate programs for the Harmattan Semester of the 2022/2023 academic session.
Renowned for its quality research, ICT-based teaching, and learning environment that promotes collaboration, individualism, and innovation, the Postgraduate College at OAU has revised its curricula to meet the needs of the 21st century. The updated programs now include qualitative and quantitative research, communication skills, data analysis, and report and proposal writing.
To proceed, please refer to the list of OAU Postgraduate Courses.
Postgraduate Diploma Programs
To be eligible for the postgraduate diploma programs, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University with at least a 3rd Class Degree.
- Must be a graduate from any other approved university with a minimum of 2nd Class (Lower Division).
Master Degree Programs
Applicants for Master's degree programs must possess not lower than a Second Class (Lower Division) Honours Degree from Obafemi Awolowo University or any other approved university.
Master of Philosophy Degree Programs
For admission into the Master of Philosophy degree programs, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree with not lower than a Second Class (Lower Division) with a Weighted Average of between 50 – 59% (C) at the Master's level OR
- Must possess a Master's Degree with a Long Essay and a weighted coursework average which is normally not less than 60% (B).
Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programs
To be eligible for admission into the PhD degree program, applicants should:
- Be a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University or any other approved university who possesses a Master's Degree with a research thesis and a weighted coursework average which is normally not less than 60% (B).
Additional Admission Requirement
In accordance with the University regulations, all candidates must meet the 'O' Level requirements for matriculation into first-degree programs of Obafemi Awolowo University. This includes having Five Credit passes in relevant subjects at not more than two sittings, including English Language and Mathematics (where required).
All applicants are required to prepare for a screening examination exercise.
The application process is conducted entirely online. Please follow the steps below:
- Visit the admissions website: http://apply.oaunetque.com.
- Create an online account. You will receive an email with additional details, including a system-generated password.
- Sign in with your email and password to accurately fill out the application form.
- Click on Remita to pay the application processing fee.
- After payment, forward relevant documents in support of your application in duplicate to the Postgraduate College and the Department of your choice.
Documents Required for Application
Applicants must provide the following documents:
- Photocopy of University Degree Certificate
- Photocopy of NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Photocopy of 'O' Level Certificate (WAEC/NECO)
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable)
- A research proposal of not more than 3 pages for Master's Degree applicants and not more than 5 pages for Ph.D. applicants
- Original transcript from the applicant's University, plus a duly completed downloaded Obafemi Awolowo University Postgraduate College Transcript Label
The application processing fee for all programs is N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira only), while all professional programs cost N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira Only).
The completed application forms must be submitted online on or before Saturday, 15th July 2023. It is important to note that applications without transcripts will not be considered, and any applicant whose original transcript does not reach the Postgraduate College before the admission exercise begins will not be admitted.
Successful applicants will receive their letters of admission through the email addresses provided during the application process.
For further information, please visit the Postgraduate College Website at http://apply.oaunetque.com.
Please note that any candidate currently registered for a postgraduate program in this University, who applies for admission into another postgraduate program without disclosure on the application form or without Senate approval of withdrawal from the initial program, will automatically forfeit his/her studentship under the existing University Regulations.