NDA MATHEMATICS 2014 PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
2. Find the value of x for which the function y= x3- x has a minimum value.
4. If the maximum value of y= 1 + hx - 3x2 is 13. Find h.
5. How many two-digit numbers can be formed from the digits 0, 1, 2, 3. If a digit can be repeated and no number may begin with 0?
6. The sum of four numbers is 1,2145. What is the average expressed in base five?
11. What is the maximum error in the number 0.09800 ft3, assuming that it is recorded accurately?
14. In 1984, Ike was 24 years old and his father was 45 years old, in what year was Ike exactly half his father’s age?
The distribution above shows the number of days a group of 260 students were absent from school in a particular term. How many students were absent for at least four days in the terms?
25. A car of mass 1000kg has a uniform acceleration of 3m/s2. Find the external force applied to the car.
39. A pole of height 6m casts a shadow 4.5m long, find the height of a crane whose shadow is 75m long.