NDA MATHEMATICS 2015 PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. The area of a square is 144 sq cm. Find the length of the diagonal.
3. Find the principal which amount to ₦5,500 at simple interest in 5 years at 2% per annum.
5. Find the value of [(3.7)]2 – (15.3)2]1/2 leaving your answer correct to 4 significant figures.
8. A regular polygon is a polygon with:
10. From the diagram below find the value of x, if |AO| = 5cm. and |BO| = 13cm to the nearest whole number.
16. Ogive is defined as
19. Find the area of triangle ABC with vertices A(2, 1), B(2, 4) and C(-2, 1)
20. Find where the straight line 3x + 4y = 7 intercepts the coordinate axis.
24. A trader bought goats for ₦4000 each and sold all of them for ₦180,000 at a loss 25%. How many goats did he buy?
26. Divide the L.C.M of 48, 64, and 80 by their H. C. F
28. A pie chart of total number of students in a school has a sector 35° representing 14 students. How many students are there in the school together?
30. The sum of the 10th terms of an AP is 30 and its 12th term is 36. Find the first term and the common difference.
33. A hunter 1.6m tall, views a bird on top of a tree at an angle 45˚. If the distance between the hunter and the tree is 10.4m, find the height of the tree.
37. Find the arithmetic mean of the following numbers 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42
38. Five years ago, a father was 3 times as old as his son. Now, their combined ages amount to 110 years. What is the current age of the father is?
40. A number of pencils were shared out among Bisi, Sola and Tunde in the ratio of 2:3:5 respectively. If Bisi got 5, how many were shared out?