EBSU Postgraduate Admission Form: Applications from suitably qualified candidates are invited for admission to the Ebonyi State University (EBSU), School of Postgraduate Studies for the 2023/2024 academic session. The programmes will award Ph.D., M.Sc., MPA, PGD, PGDE, PGDN, MILD, and LLM degrees.
EBSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements/Duration
All candidates seeking admission to any of the Postgraduate programmes must meet the admission requirements of the EBSU School of Postgraduate Studies.
All candidates seeking admission to EBSU SPGS must have a credit pass in O'level English Language for all programmes. All candidates for Medical/Para-Medical Sciences, Pure and Applied Sciences, and science-related programmes (Agricultural Sciences, Education, and so on) must have a minimum of credit pass in mathematics. Candidates applying for a Postgraduate Degree in Management Sciences, Arts, Social Sciences, or Law, on the other hand, may be considered with a pass in Mathematics. Nevertheless, courses such as Economics, Accountancy, and Banking and Finance are special exemptions that required a credit pass in O’Level Mathematics.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- An applicant for admission into any course of study leading to Postgraduate Diploma of Ebonyi State University shall be;
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree from Ebonyi State University or other institutions recognized by the Senate; or
- A holder of the Higher National Diploma (HND) passed at upper credit level in a related discipline; or
- Holders of a third-class degree in an area shall normally be admitted to the PGD Programmes. However, the candidate shall not have a CGPA below 2 on a 5-point grade scale.
- Holder of Higher National Diploma (HND) passed at Lower Credit Level in a related discipline with relevant work experience of 3 years.
Master of Science (MSc)
- Graduates of Ebonyi State University or graduates from other approved universities who have obtained the appropriate degree with at least a good second-class honours or its equivalent;
- Holders of the EBSU Postgraduate Diploma or PGD from other recognized institutions who score a CGPA of not less than 2.5 on the 5 points grade scale or 60% average would be eligible for admission into the Master’s Programmes.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
The following may apply for provisional registration as candidates for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in view. Graduates of approved Universities who have obtained the degree of Master’s appropriate to the proposed study. A candidate seeking admission into PhD programme from the Master’s programme would obtain a CGPA of not less than 3.50 on 5 points grade.
How to Apply for EBSU Postgraduate Admission Exercise
|6 semesters (Three years)
How to Apply for EBSU Postgraduate Admission
Application forms are available for purchase online for Ten Thousand Fifty Naira (₦10,050.00), additional administrative fees may apply.
All applicants who are interested should go to the University portal at portal.ebsu.edu.ng.
- Click on "Online Application Forms"
- Click on "Postgraduate Application Form"
- Enter your mobile phone number and click on the "Proceed" button
- Enter the required information and click on "Submit" to generate a payment invoice
- Proceed to the bank with the payment invoice and make the payment
- Obtain a bank printout from the bank containing RRR number
- Submit your acknowledgement slip credentials and referee forms to the Admission Unit of School of Postgraduate Studies.
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki.
We hope you found our article helpful; if so, don't hesitate to share it with others using the share buttons below.