JAMB registration for the 2024 UTME/DE examination has begun. Here is the JAMB UTME/DE registration procedure and process flow for the 2024 exercise. Details on how to successfully register for 2024 UTME have been released. Selling of e-pins and registration begins January 15th and ends February 26th 2024. The exam begins on Friday 19th April 2024 and ends on Monday, 29th April 2024. Note, that this includes foreign centres.
The official book to read this year is "The Life Changer" by Khadija Abubakar Jalli for UTME candidates and for DE candidates. JAMB Mock Exam will be conducted on Thursday, 7th March 2024.
JAMB REGISTRATION TEMPLATE
The official registration template has now been provided by JAMB for the 2024 UTME. Please proceed now to download and print the JAMB UTME registration template. Your ability to completely fill out the attached form template will determine how easy your registration will be when you visit an accredited JAMB registration centre.
2024 UTME/DE APPLICATION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to tertiary institutions in Nigeria for the 2024 Academic Session.
THE BOARD HAS RESOLVED TO HENCEFORTH MAKE THE UTME AND DIRECT ENTRY REGISTRATION PROCESS CASHLESS TO PUT A STOP TO ACTS OF EXTORTION.
AS ALREADY EFFECTED FOR UTME AND DE EXERCISE, THE BOARD WOULD BE COLLECTING THE APPROVED N700 REGISTRATION FEE, ₦1,000 CBT (EXAMINATION) FEE AND ₦1,000 MOCK UTME SERVICE CHARGE ON BEHALF OF THE VARIOUS COMPUTER-BASED TEST (CBT) CENTRES ALONG WITH ITS UTME REGISTRATION FEES AND THEN REMIT WEEKLY WHATEVER IS DUE TO EACH REGISTRATION CENTRE. ( I.E. THERE WILL BE 2 PINS AVAILABLE: ₦6,700- UTME APPLICATION DOCUMENT WITH MOCK OR ₦5,700 WITHOUT MOCK UTME) AS FOLLOWS;
- UTME/DE APPLICATION FEE => ₦3,500
- READING TEXTBOOK => FREE
- CBT CENTRE SERVICE CHARGE(WITHOUT MOCK) => ₦1,700 OR
- WITH MOCK ₦2,700
- REGISTRATION CENTRE SERVICE CHARGE => ₦700
- CBT (EXAMINATION) SERVICE CHARGE => ₦1,500
- GRAND TOTAL WITHOUT MOCK => ₦7,700
- GRAND TOTAL WITH MOCK => ₦6,200
- DE APPLICATION FEE => ₦4,700
- REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR UTME ONLY (Candidates are to have valid and functional personal e-mail addresses before commencing the process)
- The registration period for UTME candidates including those from Foreign Countries is from Saturday, 15 January 2024 to Tuesday, 26 February 2024.
- PIN vending for UTME ends on Tuesday, 8 February 2024 while registration closes on Saturday, 24 February 2024.
- REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR DIRECT ENTRY ONLY (Candidates are to have valid and functional personal e-mail address before commencing the process)
- Direct Entry application would commence from Wednesday, 28 February to Thursday 28 March 2024. Registration for DE would only be at the Board's State and Zonal Offices.
Candidates are advised to check their eligibility for chosen programmes and institutions on ibass.jamb.gov.ng. It is important that candidates check the requirements before commencing the application process. The eligibility checker assists candidates with options of programmes (courses) based on their qualifications.
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The general entry requirements for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID) and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes are five (5) O'Level Credit passes including English Language. In addition, credit in Mathematics is required for science-based and social science programmes.
Candidates with any of the following qualifications may be considered for admission through Direct Entry:
- A minimum of O'level credit pass in five (5) SSSC subjects at not more than two sittings with at least two prescribed subjects for each programme (course of study) at Principal or Advanced level.
- Two passes [in prescribed subjects for each (programme) course of study] at the A'Level Examination awarded by IJMB, Cambridge, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate with other 3 credit passes in the SSCE.
- Credit passes in two major subjects in the NCE with 3 other credit passes in SSSC, NTC/NBC (mainly for Education /Technical programmes)
- Minimum of credit grade in University/National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma with the appropriate O'level requirements. All submitted Advanced Level Qualifications are to be verified by a special committee and any fake result shall attract prosecution
DE CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THEIR JAMB REGISTRATION NUMBERS WITH WHICH THEY GAINED ADMISSION TO NCE/NID/DIPLOMA AND PREVIOUS DEGREE PROGRAMMES.
SOME VITAL REGISTRATION RULES
Candidates are not permitted to register more than once. In the event of any error during the registration process, such candidates are to seek correction from the Board and not to obtain a fresh application as duplication of application vitiates all the applications.
Registration can only be done at the centres listed on the Board's website (https://www.jamb.gov.ng) and at JAMB Offices across the country. Anybody who registers outside these centres does so at his/her own risk.
Non-candidates, including parents/guardians or any proxy, are NOT allowed to transact any business on any candidate's profile. The registration process and all activities on candidates' profiles are being monitored by the Board and defaulters shall be severely sanctioned. Any candidate who makes his password, profile code or other security codes available to another person (parents, friends, tutorial teachers, fraudsters etc) is liable for any alteration done by such person(s). DO NOT GIVE YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYBODY INCLUDING JAMB OFFICIALS. These security codes are not to be demanded at any registration centre by any person for any purpose.
ORDER OF CHOICE OF INSTITUTIONS (Any Institution can be ﬁrst choice)
Every candidate is to note that his/her 1st choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovation Enterprise Institution, Polytechnic/Monotechnic, Nigerian Defence Academy or Police Academy.
Please proceed now to download and print the JAMB UTME registration template. This will help you easily make decisions on all the schools and courses required to successfully fill out your JAMB form.
PROCESS OF PROCUREMENT OF 2024 REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
CREATION OF PROFILE
I. Every Candidate would require the use of a unique phone (mobile) number (SIM) for the process of registration. The unique phone number can be used by one candidate only. (Note: This number (SIM) remains your unique identiﬁcation for all your transactions with the Board for this or any other future transactions/applications).
ii. Candidate will send his/her National Identiﬁcation Number (NIN) by text (SMS) to either 55019 or 66019 from his/her personal GSM number. E.g write the word “NIN” then space and add your 11-digit NIN Number and send to 55019 or 66019 in this format (NIN 00123456789). There should be a space between the word “NIN” and your 11-digit NIN (Note that the number must not have been used by another person to register for UTME/DE in the past). Do not use postpaid or special bundle packages. They do not work unless specially loaded with credit.
iii. A Profile Code of 10 characters will be received by the candidate on the same telephone (SIM) number. Returning Candidates from previous years will still receive the same profile code on the same number previously used. Note that the profile remains the same for the candidate for present and future applications with the Board.
iv. The phone (mobile) number used for the text message is automatically tied to the Candidate's name and will be used in all communication relating to each candidate's 2024 or future Application, Examination and Admission. CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THE SIM NUMBER USED. IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE FOR SUBSEQUENT COMMUNICATION WITH THE BOARD.
BY OBTAINING UTME/DE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS, A CANDIDATE HAS ACCEPTED TO RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES FROM JAMB (55019 or 66019) EVEN WHEN THE “DO NOT DISTURB” (DND) IS ACTIVATED
v. Candidate will present the profile code at the point of procurement of the application document (from Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, and USSD Partners). An ePIN is then sent as a text message to the candidate's phone
vi. Candidate will present the Profile code and ePIN at any JAMB-accredited CBT Centre for registration
vii. The application cannot be completed until the candidate's biometrics (all ten fingers) are captured and the photograph taken physically (No submission of passport photograph). The successful capture of biometrics and photographs will authorise a candidate to print his/her e-registration slip (Candidate must use at least two fingers; any of the two can be used to print his/her registration slip. The fingerprint verification shall be required for any further transaction with JAMB on the candidate's profile.
viii. Only candidates whose biometric verification is successful on examination day will be permitted to sit the UTME. No parent or any proxy is allowed to make any transaction on the candidate's profile.
ix. Candidates with biometric challenges can only register at JAMB headquarters in Abuja. Arrangements should be made for this through JAMB-state offices. Candidates with biometric challenges would sit the examination in Abuja on the last day of the national examination calendar.
RETRIEVAL (IN CASE OF MISTAKE/LOSS) OF PROFILE CODE AND SELF SERVICE
I. To retrieve a lost Profile Code, send the word [RESEND] from the same mobile number to 55019 or 66019 as a text message.
ii. Candidates can reset lost or forgotten Profile Password on their registered cell phone number by sending the word “PASSWORD” space [the email address] from the same mobile number as a text message to 55019 or 66019.
iii. SELF-SERVICE: Computer-literate Candidates can register directly unaided at some designated JAMB offices/PRCs
TICKETING (FREE COMPLAINTS)
- For ALL complaints on JAMB processes, a candidate should create a support ticket at (https://www.jamb.gov.ng by selecting the quick link, and then Ticket/Support with his/her email address with the Board. The candidate then provides his/her name, phone number and the nature of the complaint, selects a complaint area on a drop-down and then summarises the nature of the complaint. He/she should also attach supporting documents (if available). Complaints from 3rd parties are merely noted. Letter-writing is not necessary. Rather all complaints should be channelled through the ticketing system for prompt attention and documentation.
- For complaints relating to NIN (e.g., a candidate sends a message to 55019 or 66019 to create a profile but does not receive any response or receives wrong data, he/she can follow the same process on the ticketing and click on 2024 NIN-related issues then select the related topic on the drop-down.)
- Candidates and the general public are to note that nobody can help with admission or upgrade of scores; they would only deceive and defraud those who patronise fraudsters. Therefore
- Password should not be released to anyone by the candidates
JAMB ePIN SELLING POINTS The ePIN outlets are:
- NIPOST, Banks, MMOs, MFBs and other participating financial institutions.
- Candidates can buy the e-pins from banks or vending agents through their e-wallets
- Foreign Candidates are to contact the Nigerian Embassy for guidance on how to apply in any of the following centres; Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Beau, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg, London or Berlin.
DUTIES OF PARTICIPATING BANKS/OUTLETS
- Collection of Profile Code from candidate's phone
- Collection of payment and vending of ePIN by SMS to candidate's phone (Not dictating or copying)
- Facilitation of Payment through POS, if necessary
- Issuance of Evidence of Payment
- Delivery of ePIN to candidates electronically (not to be handwritten)
SIX DIFFERENT MODES/METHODS OF PAYMENT/ PROCUREMENT OF ePIN FOR REGISTRATION (CHOOSE SUITABLE ONE)
PAYMENT THROUGH BANKS INCLUDING MICRO FINANCE BANKS
- Present Profile Code and pay by cash, card or through e-wallet (either ₦6,700 with Mock or ₦5,700 without Mock) for UTME as DE is ₦4,700
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate's unique telephone number
PAYMENT THROUGH MOBILE MONEY OPERATORS This is available at CBT Centres and Other Outlets
- Present Profile Code and pay by cash
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate's unique telephone number
PAYMENT USING ATM
This is available on all ATM outlets of Participating Banks listed above (Interswitch Channel)
- Select Bill Payment and then pick JAMB
- Enter your Profile Code and pay
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate's unique telephone number
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION AT THE NINE FOREIGN CENTRES:
- Registration fee for candidates from the nine foreign countries is Thirty United States Dollars ($30) or its equivalent in each of the 9 (nine) countries' local currencies
- Candidates from the nine foreign countries are to download the application documents from the Board's website (https://www.jamb.gov.ng), complete and submit them with the fee at the designated centres in the country as indicated on the website.
DONATION OF FREE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
Any government, person or organisation that wishes to distribute free application documents to prospective applicants should contact the Board via +2348027641663 OR e-mail: [email protected] for special oﬀer.
HOW TO RECOVER LOST ePIN AFTER PAYMENT
- If ePIN is not Received or Lost, send [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] from the Unique number to 55019 or 66019 for UTME respectively
- The ePIN would then be retrieved and delivered to the candidate's unique phone number
AFTER SUCCESSFUL PAYMENT AND OBTAINING ePIN, CANDIDATE SHOULD PROCEED TO ANY OF THE JAMB-ACCREDITED CBT CENTRE TO COMPLETE HIS/HER REGISTRATION
- Registration is carried out only at the accredited Computer Based Test Centres (CBT) and Professional Registration Centres (PRC)
- Each candidate should visit any accredited CBT centre (the list of accredited centres is on the Board's website (https://www.jamb.gov.ng/ and JAMB offices), with his/her profile code and e-PIN.
- Facilities exist in some designated JAMB state offices for self-service for candidates with proficient digital skills
CONCLUDING REGISTRATION PROCESS AT CBT CENTRES:
Candidate must PERSONALLY present his/her profile Code and e-PIN at any JAMB-accredited CBT Centre for registration. Candidate's photograph and biometrics (all ten fingerprints) would be captured at the CBT centre.
Candidates are to:
I. Note that the service charge of ₦700 payable to the Board for CBT centre registration as well as the UTME (Examination ) fee of ₦2,000 (including mock) or ₦1,000 (without mock) are now part of the registration fee as such candidates are not to pay any other fee at the CBT centre.
- Provide choice of institutions and programmes (course of study)
- Provide a valid and functional personal e-mail address that the candidate can always access.
- Provide qualification with grades and dates, if not awaiting the result
- Upload relevant certificates, if not awaiting result (this is applicable for both UTME and Direct Entry(DE) candidates
- Provide O/L and /or A/L grades. Candidates who are awaiting results should supply (upload) the results online on the JAMB portal as soon as they are available. No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate does not upload his/her result on the portal of JAMB. No institution is allowed to take a new picture/photograph, or biometrics or require any other upload of results. All results are downloadable by institutions from the Board's website (and the download is tracked to avoid abuse)
- Provide UTME subjects and choice of examination town(s) for optional Mock examination and Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) (actual examination)
- Review entries and confirm the correctness
- Print Registration Slip USING BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION to confirm valid finger- print (UTME/DE). Note that authentication with your fingerprint removes blames of error from CBT centres. Candidates are to check before confirming with their fingerprint
- Collect at no other cost, the reading text.
- Collect the e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration
NOTE: There will be no oﬄine registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real-time online registration. No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State-Offices. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed
Candidates who are blind are to indicate by typing BLIND and also pick the option of sitting for the examination through Braille, Recorded or Read Aloud. A candidate is either blind or sighted. It is important to be factual.
During registration, once a candidate indicates that he or she is blind, there would be a dropdown box for the candidate to select the town closest to his/her residence to write the examination. The towns available for the blind candidates are as follows: Abuja, FCT, Bauchi, Bauchi State, Benin, Edo State, Ekiti, Ekiti State, Enugu, Enugu State, Kano, Kano State, Kebbi, Kebbi State, Lagos, Lagos State, Oyo, Oyo State, Plateau, Plateau State, Yola, Adamawa State
A special indicator for the deaf/mute has been created to diﬀerentiate them for special attention at the examination hall. Deaf candidates are therefore required to confirm this appropriately during registration.
i. Candidates with biometric challenges can only register at JAMB headquarters in Abuja.
ii. No other CBT centre is permitted to register such candidates
iii. They will also sit for their examination at JAMB Headquarters in Abuja
iv. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall or sit for the examination if his biometrics is not verified
- The system will not permit or process any examination without biometric verification
- Candidates with Biometric abnormality can only register and take examinations at the Abuja headquarters of the Board. The Board will facilitate the travels
- Candidates with biometric challenges would sit for the examination in Abuja on the last day of the national examination calendar.
DATES AND VENUE FOR THE 2024 UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATION
The 2024 UTME will commence on Friday 19th April 2024 and end on Monday, 29th April 2024. Candidates preparing for the exam are advised to download the 2024 JAMB CBT software or the 2024 JAMB CBT Mobile App to get familiar with the CBT environment and cover JAMB Past questions.
The venue of the examination will be at ANY centre in the candidate's chosen examination
JAMB DOES NOT POST ANY CANDIDATE TO ANY EXAMINATION TOWN (OR GROUP OF TOWNS) OTHER THAN THE ONE CHOSEN BY THE CANDIDATE AT THE POINT OF REGISTRATION. CANDIDATES ARE, HOWEVER, ADVISED TO REGISTER ON TIME BEFORE THE AVAILABLE SPACES IN THEIR TOWN OF CHOICE OR GROUP OF TOWNS ARE EXHAUSTED. DUE TO DISCOVERED CONSPIRACY AMONG SOME CBT CENTRES, NO EXAMINATION TOWN WITH FEW CENTRES IS ALLOWED. MANY TOWNS HAVE BEEN MERGED. NOTE THAT THE CHOICE OF A GROUP OF TOWNS IMPLIES THAT YOU CAN BE POSTED TO ANY OF THE TOWNS IN THE CHOSEN GROUP.
REGISTRATION FEE/PROCUREMENT OF REGISTRATION ePINs
- For the 2024 UTME, candidates are required to pay either (a) a total of Six Thousand Two Hundred (₦6,200) Naira only if not sitting for the optional Mock while candidates who intend to sit the mock UTME would be required to pay ₦7,700. Either has incorporated all fees including the ₦2,700/ ₦4,200 fee of the CBT centre for UTME as DE is ₦4,700.
- $30 is the application fee for Candidates from the nine foreign centres.
- Candidates should note that ePINS purchased are tied to individual profile and are not transferable
- Candidates are advised to keep private and confidential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, email addresses and ePINs. No centre is allowed to request or accept a candidate's password.
The Board will conduct a Mock Examination in all the accredited CBT centres to prepare and familiarise INTERESTED Candidates with the CBT environment. Interested candidates are advised to indicate interest in the Mock Examination during the registration provided they register early enough.
The date for the MOCK examination shall be on Thursday, 7th March 2024.
- All candidates must mandatorily register their profiles through text messages as illustrated above before proceeding to buy the ePIN
- The registration fee is non-refundable
- Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions as shown on the scan QR Code on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registration. He or she is also to sign an MoU on ethical standards.
- Multiple registrations are not permitted. Candidates who register more than once will be identified, disqualified and prosecuted.
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of programme, they will also be tested on a general text: “The Life Changer” by Khadija Abubakar Jali. All Candidates are also expected to read the text.
- Candidates/Officials would not be allowed to enter the examination centre with earphones, wristwatches, mobile phones, electronic devices, or any pen/biro. Only common pencil is allowed
- Candidates are warned that the Board does not require nor authorise the services of ANY cyber café, school or establishment other than the accredited CBT centres for this exercise
- Examination malpractice is a criminal offence that attracts, in addition to the cancellation of results, publication of names and prosecution of such oﬀenders.
We hope you found our article helpful; if so, don't hesitate to share it with others using the share buttons below.